Wyoming antelope

Done alot of research and talked with biologists and game wardens. Think we are going to hold off on applying for antelope this year. The information I was given was bleak to say the least. Was going to bring my daughter out for her graduation, she is bummed.

TxLite

WKR
Done alot of research and talked with biologists and game wardens. Think we are going to hold off on applying for antelope this year. The information I was given was bleak to say the least. Was going to bring my daughter out for her graduation, she is bummed.
Low animal numbers or reduced number of tags?

From what I am hearing a bit of both, but mostly the lower antelope numbers, those fellas are having a rough time the past few years.

OP
S
I would definitely not tell you to not bring your wife. The area I plan on hunting got beat up pretty good

wyosteve

WKR
I travel the state somewhat frequently and last summer I saw fewer antelope in most regions than ever before. And, that was before the tough winter we're having in areas now. The end of January, there was a herd in my neighbor's yard looking for food because of the snow cover.

OP
S
I travel the state somewhat frequently and last summer I saw fewer antelope in most regions than ever before. And, that was before the tough winter we're having in areas now. The end of January, there was a herd in my neighbor's yard looking for food because of the snow cover.
Have several friends that live in the state and said the same.

WKR

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Some areas aren’t as bad as others, 2 points in the special can still get you a decent tag.

grfox92

WKR
Same here. Places where they are usually like ants, you won't see any for miles.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

.....and it's not just going to be this year. Even barring continued drought, severe late winter/early spring storms and disease outbreaks like EHD and CWD, it's going to take at least, a few years for these herds to recover.