2024 Wyoming Antelope/Deer

Going to put in for an antelope. Have some pretty good options having 8 points for antelope and deer. With it being my first time out west hunting, I am thinking about just going for antelope and possibly picking up a deer doe tag as well, if I get my pronghorn quick. Many of the deer rifle seasons in the areas I am looking at open up later than the pronghorn, and was thinking I might bring my bow for the deer portion. Anyone have any thoughts or experience doing something along these lines? Areas im looking at are mostly the Meteetse and Cody areas.

Laramie

WKR
Going to put in for an antelope. Have some pretty good options having 8 points for antelope and deer. With it being my first time out west hunting, I am thinking about just going for antelope and possibly picking up a deer doe tag as well, if I get my pronghorn quick. Many of the deer rifle seasons in the areas I am looking at open up later than the pronghorn, and was thinking I might bring my bow for the deer portion. Anyone have any thoughts or experience doing something along these lines? Areas im looking at are mostly the Meteetse and Cody areas.
I think a guy is better off adding fishing and/or scouting if time allows so they feel no pressure to hunt multiple species. Antelope is generally pretty easy unless you get really picky so you likely would have time for other activities but those can take away from the overall experience.

wytx

WKR
Doe deer tags may be few and far between but I'd do the pronghorn solo as well, a lot less pressure to fill one tag.

Rich M

WKR
Antelope is interesting. In some units you shooot the first nice buck. In others you can walk away and come back later.

The secret is knowing which one ypu can do based on tags, public %, etc.