Wyoming antelope access question

Plan on applying this year for Wyoming antelope. I have a good handle on areas and what I can potentially draw with the points I hold currently. Question is has anyone ever done a cast and blast so to speak with antelope in Wyoming? I thought it would be fun to access hunting spot via boat and also fish if time permitted. I’m welcome to suggestions and pm if you have any unit specific areas I should check out. Thanks

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
I regretted not bringing fishing gear with me on an antelope hunt a couple years ago. I was tagged out but still glassing to help a buddy. I was up on this big hill in the plains near a small pond, maybe 5 acres or so. I had driven past that pond a bunch over the week and thought it was just agricultural, no way there were fish in there. But it was loaded with trout, they were rising left and right and all I could do was watch em through the binos.

Ya, my plan with my antelope points is to cash them in for a cast and blast in a few years. There are definitely some opportunities in Wyoming to have an epic experience both hunting and fishing in the same area. Stuff guys would travel a long ways to experience just one or the other, and I could do both in one trip. No brainer!

johnbow

FNG
After hunting and tagging out the first day last year, my son and I had the time of our life fishing the access points on the platte river. Definitely take poles

TaperPin

WKR
Many of those little streams in antelope country have a lot of little trout and some big browns. It’s hard to drive by a little 2’ wide trickle of water and not sneak up on it and cast an elk hair caddis. Lol

JFK

WKR
I have hunted antelope and fished the same trip. Not via boat. Did it with my dad and the fishing rivaled the hunting. There are quite a few public antelope and mule deer spots I’ve looked at on OnX that could be accessed via drift boat or big inflatable. Would definitely be a fun trip and a way to hit some less pressured areas.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Sage grouse for a few days, float the Platte for trout, then bag a couple of goats. Paradise. Last year of that for me was 2019...

mainman38

FNG
Plan on applying this year for Wyoming antelope. I have a good handle on areas and what I can potentially draw with the points I hold currently. Question is has anyone ever done a cast and blast so to speak with antelope in Wyoming? I thought it would be fun to access hunting spot via boat and also fish if time permitted. I’m welcome to suggestions and pm if you have any unit specific areas I should check out. Thanks
That would be a great way to access some areas

Wyco307

FNG
It would be possible to do but I would suggest just bringing rods and not a boat. While you might see antelope from a river it really limits you. I would personally focus on an antelope first (shouldn't take much time) then just fish the rest of the trip.