Wy regulation question and opinions

Alright quick question for you all. first time I saw this reg.

Wyoming's hunting regulation Chapter 2, Section 20(d)
"No person shall sell or barter any geographic location information for any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison to aid in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison."

Does this apply to selling E-Scouting information? Does it apply if you trade a Buddy a case of beer for waypoints?

It reads to me like you can't sell specific animal locations but like waypoints for glassing knobs or general good habitat is ok? Let me know your thoughts?

I believe you are correct. You can't sell or trade info on that monster muley with double drop tines on his left side.

But your buddy can share his onX waypoints with you for a wallow, a glassing knob, or an area he has seen elk often.

Btaylor

WKR
Alright quick question for you all. first time I saw this reg.

Wyoming's hunting regulation Chapter 2, Section 20(d)
"No person shall sell or barter any geographic location information for any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison to aid in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison."

Does this apply to selling E-Scouting information? Does it apply if you trade a Buddy a case of beer for waypoints?

It reads to me like you can't sell specific animal locations but like waypoints for glassing knobs or general good habitat is ok? Let me know your thoughts?
Serious question, how does that not negate the use of a guide? I assume there must be a stated exclusion but was curious if someone knew offhand.

OP
CoHunter1991
I agree. I also completely understand not selling specific animal locations but are you allowed to sell glassing kob locations? water location?

sasquatch

WKR
Ok, don’t sell or barter it. Donate it. Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rich M

WKR
Its about folks having businesses scouting for other folks.

If you dont tell anyone, noone knows and the WY residents cant get upset about it. They are a touchy bunch.

wapitibob

WKR
Founder sold gps locations of specific animals and the regulation was designed to stop him and another company that was doing the same.

Why anybody would pay $700 for a this info is beyond me but it's not my money.

1.jpg

OP
CoHunter1991
The company above doesn't sound like they are selling animal locations? Just habitat stuff.

wytx

WKR
A guide is not selling you a location he or she is taking you to the animal or aiding in the locating of and taking of the animal.

mntnguide

WKR
This entire regulation came about because brian latturner.. owner of monster muleys website.. was literally selling exact buck locations, pictures etc to people. He would go scout for himself, and everytime he found a bigger buck he would sell off the previous one to someone who didn't want to put in the effort to scout themselves. He was running a business, not paying a thing to the state of Wyoming as a utah resident, and selling off bucks and areas. If you're going to draw a tag, not go guided, and dont want to scout or put any effort into your own hunt you've been saving years for, you don't deserve a big buck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Founder sold gps locations of specific animals and the regulation was designed to stop him and another company that was doing the same.

Why anybody would pay $700 for a this info is beyond me but it's not my money.

View attachment 416596
Unfortuneately it didnt stop him he's still doing it
He's just gotten a bit more creative on how he does it