WY Antelope For a Newbie?

They are for 2022 but I would expect several of the quotas to be lowered. Quite a few areas struggling with recruitment right now for some unknown reason.
Laramie and Double Drop Muley:

The list is NOT the 2022 proposed antelope license quotas.

The Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act (WAPA) requires that when a Wyoming State agency proposes a change in regulations (in this case antelope license quotas for 2022) there be a draft proposal of that regulation change made available to the public.

The Wyoming Game and Fish Department uses the previous years regulation (in this case the finalized 2021 antelope quotas or regulations) to meet the requirements of the WAPA.

The proposed 2022 license quotas for each hunt area are being determined at this time. The finalized quotas will not be made pubic until about the middle of March.

The date at the end of the document is the date of the April 2022 WGF Commission meeting where the proposed license quotas will be discussed, finalized and adopted by the Commission, thus becoming regulation.

ClearCreek

Laramie

WKR
Laramie and Double Drop Muley:

The list is NOT the 2022 proposed antelope license quotas.

The Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act (WAPA) requires that when a Wyoming State agency proposes a change in regulations (in this case antelope license quotas for 2022) there be a draft proposal of that regulation change made available to the public.

The Wyoming Game and Fish Department uses the previous years regulation (in this case the finalized 2021 antelope quotas or regulations) to meet the requirements of the WAPA.

The proposed 2022 license quotas for each hunt area are being determined at this time. The finalized quotas will not be made pubic until about the middle of March.

The date at the end of the document is the date of the April 2022 WGF Commission meeting where the proposed license quotas will be discussed, finalized and adopted by the Commission, thus becoming regulation.

ClearCreek
Maybe you missed the release... Proposed quotas have been released.

bdan68

WKR
I don't believe that is really the proposed quotas for this year, because if it were, you would see some numbers crossed off with the proposed number in a different color.

EdP

WKR
Maybe you missed the release... Proposed quotas have been released.
I believe Clearcreek is correct about this. NOT really the proposed quotas but rather the 2021 quotas used as a "draft proposal." This is based on checking the quota listings against the 2021 quota listings for areas 1-50 and finding they all matched exactly. It looks like an annual budgeting process for a business where you use the budget from the previous year as a starting point.

Really wasn't trying to start an argument over whether those are the proposed quotas or not.
I was trying to make a point that Wyoming fish and game has a wealth of information on their website and instead of coming on here and asking this question, like the 753 other people that have already came on and asked this nearly exact question, maybe start there.

Back to quotas. I hope those are not correct and with any luck antelope tag quotas will get cut again this year.

Laramie

WKR
I believe Clearcreek is correct about this. NOT really the proposed quotas but rather the 2021 quotas used as a "draft proposal." This is based on checking the quota listings against the 2021 quota listings for areas 1-50 and finding they all matched exactly. It looks like an annual budgeting process for a business where you use the budget from the previous year as a starting point.
Thanks, I didn't compare to the previous year. The link was sent to me by a WG&F employee but that individual is not part of the process so possibly didn't understand.

WCB

WKR
Go to Western Nebraska with an OTC deer tag. guaranteed to get a tag and can dodge bullets just the same as most easy to get tags for goats in WY. I also have an extremely strong feeling antelope tags in general are going to get slashed big time because of die off. They were just slashed last year if I remember right. But hey guys should get 4 does tags and stack'em up.

DoubleDropMuley

Lil-Rokslider
I don't believe that is really the proposed quotas for this year, because if it were, you would see some numbers crossed off with the proposed number in a different color.
Here ya go !! Looks to me like changes !! Seen some on moose to , so yup this is what is being presented to the commission on April 19-20, @ClearCreek

Attachments

• 3701636E-720D-4AC9-9963-3A75457A5A50.jpeg
    3701636E-720D-4AC9-9963-3A75457A5A50.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 5FE3EA23-4561-4B94-BFF6-1143DB7F70A3.jpeg
    5FE3EA23-4561-4B94-BFF6-1143DB7F70A3.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 74

DoubleDropMuley

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t see any proposed changes to antelope and this is all I see for deer !!

Attachments

• D1501AF0-8C18-4C1B-82E0-E8D7F52D529E.png
    D1501AF0-8C18-4C1B-82E0-E8D7F52D529E.png
    337.8 KB · Views: 39

DoubleDropMuley

Lil-Rokslider
They will hold all public meetings in March! So as of now I’d say they are not looking at any changes to anything else unless winter takes a wicked turn !!

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I agree- they need some drastic reductions in some areas based on what we have seen.
After last year's reduction, and the added drought and EHD issues, I really wonder what the next handful of years of antelope in WY are going to look like. Applications and point spending are increasing as well.

Those are the proposed quotas for 2022, now they will have all there public season setting meetings and looks like the commission meeting will be held April 19-20 where everything will be finalized.

Go take a look at this list on March 15 or 16 and you will see what the actual 2022 proposed license quotas will be.

See if there is any difference between the list mentioned in the posts above and the one that will be on the G&F website on March 15 or 16.

ClearCreek

Last edited:

KINGSNAKE

WKR
3 years won't get you a public land antelope tag in Wyoming. It's fallen to point creep clog very bad. They're are 60,000 people ahead of you with one and 2 points. It's getting bad. Sell all your stuff and move to wyoming if you want to hunt that state. Non resident are screwed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220224-111236_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220224-111236_OneDrive.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 68
I solo hunted 17 on a second choice draw a couple years back. Only got to hunt one day due to a blizzard but came close to getting it done on public. There were lots of antelope just not many where you could shoot them. This was the second week of season also the more popular larger chunks of public had several hunters on them. The antelope did move onto and off of public randomly. I would advise you to build points and draw. This year I will have 6 points along with a buddy of mine who has one, we are going to hopefully burn them in the special draw for a better unit. With 4 points your can get somewhere decent in the special. Hope point creep doesnt get us but it is possible. Also if you choose to hunt the units that are easier to draw with 0-1 points I would also advise talking to some ranchers and paying that trespass fee. Good luck