WTF Kuiu, waterfowl?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
As a business owner that is very narrow minded approach that leads to companies going under or being bought out..there are probably 5x or 6x more WT and Duck hunters than "Ultralight Monutian hunters" as a business owner why would you cap your market share in any industry?

I want every hunting company to put out duck waders...the more options the better...some of them are gonna be shit and some will be great the market will decide..I will probably patch up my 5 yr old Drakes use them again this yr and let the market decide if there is a better mouse trap.
I say it depends. I really appreciate a company like Exo that sticks with what it is good at.

Expansion can be good for a business, it can also kill it, just like failing to expand or diversify can kill it.

I have not been impressed with the Kuiu products I have owned, so as a brand I could care less about them.

I've got to call BS on that one.

Yeah, you have definitively never been to Arkansas lol.

Living here in one of the most famous duck areas of the world has shown me how insane some people are in the woods. Stuff you would never believe happens every year in the races on the refuges. I won’t even go.

Kuiu made an outstanding business move and one that really needs to be done if you want to stay in the hunting apparel industry. If you think whitetail or mountain hunters spend money, you have never seen anything like duck hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChrisAU

WKR
Hmm...sounds like HUNTERS to me.

How do you know they don't hunt???? Peta stickers in the window???

In my town I know a lot of the kids and their parents. Would they say they were hunters if you asked them? Yes. Do they spend any time in the field? No. Pretty common.

kpk

WKR
I've got to call BS on that one.

Well, you are wrong. Most of the kids my 19 yo daughter runs with wear waterfowl gear and they dont even know what ducks are. Sitka is the new trend much like Carhartt was.

Poser

WKR
This. Avid duck hunters are the most hardcore sub-set of hunters out there. My old boss said "Watch out if you're dealing with any real duck hunter. You have to be partly crazy to do that." He himself used to be just that and he was part crazy... but in a good way.

I think it goes away from their roots but there is a ton of money to be made.

My perception of duck hunters, based on growing up in rural SW TN along the MS River flyway is that they are the fattest, laziest, most egotistical group of narcissists you could ever possibly subject yourself to. My least favorite subset of the hunting community, they bitch and complain about nonsensical details. Nothing worse than listening to some fat ass loudmouth smoking a cigar throw a temper tantrum about not killing 1,000 ducks this year because of the government conspiracy to create waterfowl refuges in the Midwest to disrupt the migration. And all of this from a guy who has never eaten a duck because “they’re nasty.”

It’s as if you took everything stereotypically bad about the boomer generation and rolled it up into one hunting user group. You want to see drama and gossip? Go to a duck camp. You know, where they have SeC football on the big screen inside the duck blind and a private chef cooking up bacon and bloody Marys. If you kill a diver duck, you just step on it and squash it down into the mud so it doesn’t apply to your bag limit. And of course you have to have the one token old black man, the only black person on the premises in a county that is majority black, who has the job of cleaning the ducks that you don’t eat.

Duck hunters are nuckin futs, I know because I am one but the guys I meet some are the skummiest human beings you can imagine and a lot are just "off" in general, definitely tons of crazy. I think I'm normal but who knows. Lol... There's always some dude bragging about shooting something he shouldn't and stomping it in the mud, shooting multiple limits per day, you'll never see a duck hunter with empty shell hulls in their back or pockets so don't ask where they went. I could go on.

Having said that, I like Valo but they should've come up with a dedicated waterfowl marsh patter of some sort. With waterfowl the camo actually does matter, and people would also have to buy more of their stuff then too lol.

Target those guys to use their money on waders and duck holes instead of elk tags and tents. All good with me.

I also think Kuiu hasn’t brought anything technically advanced to the table since Kutana pants and Peloton 97 tops.
Their gila and tibiron line is nice for scouting, not sure when they came out

vinifera

FNG
My perception of duck hunters, based on growing up in rural SW TN along the MS River flyway is that they are the fattest, laziest, most egotistical group of narcissists you could ever possibly subject yourself to. My least favorite subset of the hunting community, they bitch and complain about nonsensical details. Nothing worse than listening to some fat ass loudmouth smoking a cigar throw a temper tantrum about not killing 1,000 ducks this year because of the government conspiracy to create waterfowl refuges in the Midwest to disrupt the migration. And all of this from a guy who has never eaten a duck because “they’re nasty.”

It’s as if you took everything stereotypically bad about the boomer generation and rolled it up into one hunting user group. You want to see drama and gossip? Go to a duck camp. You know, where they have SeC football on the big screen inside the duck blind and a private chef cooking up bacon and bloody Marys. If you kill a diver duck, you just step on it and squash it down into the mud so it doesn’t apply to your bag limit. And of course you have to have the one token old black man, the only black person on the premises in a county that is majority black, who has the job of cleaning the ducks that you don’t eat.
Wow! I legit LOL on that ^^^^. Nicely done!!

I duck and goose hunt after big game season, as well as my buddies. I hope we don't come across like that, but then again, we're GenX.

I picked up the Storm shell because I procrastinated all through the rain gear sale pissin' around trying to figure out which set to buy. This sounds pretty decent. I'll give a review when all done.

Oh, and I think that if you want to stay in business in any line of products Kuiu offers, they need to innovate, not sacrifice quality in anyway and provide products. But the main thing in order to get that, is too stay in business!!

Happy hunting!!! It's almost upon us!!

Will_m

WKR

Nothing worse than a dude who cuts breasts out for those damn duck poppers. Lot of truth to what you posted.

Poser

WKR
Nothing worse than a dude who cuts breasts out for those damn duck poppers. Lot of truth to what you posted.

I went to a duck club in the Mississippi Delta and the guys were bragging about how good their duck cooking skills were. I was suspicious, but open minded. (I mean, really, how good of a cook can a nasty light drinking, former Ole Miss frat boy really be?). Their technique was to deep fry the shit out of the duck breasts and slather them with ranch dressing. I mean, whatever blows your hair back. Simple food can sometimes be the best food, but I thought we were going to get into some deep roots, southern cooking with the way this was talked up. Then, the next day, they all made fun of my shotgun -relentlessly picked on me about it. I was the only one there with a sub $2500 shotgun.