Would you buy this scope?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I won’t buy sight unseen, but I’ll trust a good review or two if I can’t handle it first.

I agree with the first two points…but those are industry-wide issues, not specific to this post/project. Unless I’m mistaken, find me ANY manufacturer or even reviewer that has an actual measurable definition of “large eye box”.
So far that’s a point that is usually subjective and comparative. But I think we all have seen examples of cheaper variables that when at the top of their magnification range, eye box gets small. Avoiding that I would assume is the goal.

Good glass is definable. But at that price point and for the intended use, I can’t imagine it could be much of an actual concern that it won’t be good enough.

The last point, I will disagree and say, look for the Scope Evals here on Rokslide. “Form” explains the drops and 3,000 rounds test in depth and explains the rationale behind it very well. It’s a consistent and logical test that gives a good indication of scope performance and reliability.
4x zoom ratio with japanese glass will pretty much be guarenteed to have a "large eye box" to the most stringent standards you can dream of. That's a primary reason for the small zoom ratio

Not right now.

1. Not enough magnification for me.

2. You guys dropped the ball getting the stock out. Couldn’t imagine this would be any different.

Last edited:

WKR

WKR
Not right now.

1. Not enough magnification for me.

2. You guys dropped the ball getting the stock out. Couldn’t imagine this would be any different.
You don't believe people/small businesses learn from their mistakes?

One screw up doesn't mean a lifetime of pre-order fiascos

You don't believe people/small businesses learn from their mistakes?

One screw up doesn't mean a lifetime of pre-order fiascos
That’s why I said “not right now”. Maybe once they’ve proven they can get a good product out without being a year behind on shipping.

Reactions: WKR

Dave0317

WKR
Is everyone hunting common house flies that they want above 12x on the zoom range?
Must be, lol.

I’ve been wondering the same thing.
The 12x top end is part of what will help this scope achieve good eye box, field of view, and other benefits. If someone wants the trade off of more top end zoom and less of the other features, they can already buy any number of other Trijicon or Nightforce scopes. Or even the Mavens.

So it’s weird they are like, “we like the idea of a new scope, but we want it to be more like lots of other scopes that already exist”. lol.

Please OP, stick to the original goal. A scope for killing animals at any practical distance from field positions. The guys shooting varmints and doing load development already have several Trijicon Tenmiles and NF NX8 type scopes to choose from.

khuber84

WKR
Make the 3-12x, but also make a 5-20 or 6-24, go with an optical form that has as big a FOV as possible. It's strange as Swaro/Kahles has a patent on FOV angles, so everyone but them is kinda limited to how wide the FOV can be. However Burris/Steiner just ignores it, and makes whatever they want, a lot the Asian manufacturers do. However American and Euro all do not infringe.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is everyone hunting common house flies that they want above 12x on the zoom range?

I always thought 9-10X was more than plenty; shot my Dall at 430 yards w/ a 2.5- 8X :D

I don't look at a scope unless it's at least sub 16 oz and even then I'll usually gravitate to something a wee bit lighter; I'm pretty sure I'm the odd man out :ROFLMAO:

Weldor

WKR
I always thought 9-10X was more than plenty; shot my Dall at 430 yards w/ a 2.5- 8X :D

I don't look at a scope unless it's at least sub 16 oz and even then I'll usually gravitate to something a wee bit lighter; I'm pretty sure I'm the odd man out :ROFLMAO:
Did you hold over or dial, just curious. Very cool Sheep for sure and certain.