Would you buy this scope?

Tom-D

FNG
Id say there is already enough interest displayed now but yes i would be interested cant say im ready to throw money down now but i wouldnt be buying another scope with this available . Would def choose a fixed 6 if it was a cheaper option as well

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I think we are looking at over a year for design, testing & manufacturing. Complete guess

khuber84

WKR
Amen to that, maybe take away the rotating ocular while they're at it
They just need to make a nx4 or nx5 series, unfortunately it'd be a more forgiving optical system and likely take too much a bite out of their nx8 sales.

There is a new piece of glass available from Steiner, the H6xi 2-12x42, has huge FOV, FFP, small exposed elevation turret and capped windage. The moa reticle sucks balls, but the mil tree reticle is usable, but subtensions likely unusable below 8X power. Weight is 23oz, very short body, but few reviews say the eyebox isn't too bad. Most high mag range short tube scopes suffer in this regard.

Reticle is very busy, spin off of their scr2 it appears.
Screenshot_20240930_022526_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

WKR

WKR
They just need to make a nx4 or nx5 series, unfortunately it'd be a more forgiving optical system and likely take too much a bite out of their nx8 sales.

There is a new piece of glass available from Steiner, the H6xi 2-12x42, has huge FOV, FFP, small exposed elevation turret and capped windage. The moa reticle sucks balls, but the mil tree reticle is usable, but subtensions likely unusable below 8X power. Weight is 23oz, very short body, but few reviews say the eyebox isn't too bad. Most high mag range short tube scopes suffer in this regard.

Reticle is very busy, spin off of their scr2 it appears.
View attachment 770856
Yeah I'm aware of the steiner, everything looks good except that garbage reticle

Axlrod

WKR
Hypothetically speaking when would this scope be released?

Got some planning to do.
They are waiting to get enough responses to the question "would you buy this scope" yes or no.
I didn't count them all but here is a rough estimate:
yes or no- 2
Yes but I want a different weight/power/objective size/blahblahblah-469

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
They are waiting to get enough responses to the question "would you buy this scope" yes or no.
I didn't count them all but here is a rough estimate:
yes or no- 2
Yes but I want a different weight/power/objective size/blahblahblah-469
it'll be a miracle if someone hit the weight mark with a 3-12, and people are already bleating about wanting 15x and higher

I think Avery and Form should ignore all the comments here and make whatever scope they think would be best for most hunters (20oz or under!) and it would probably sell like hotcakes as long as the price is doable for most.

WKR

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I think Avery and Form should ignore all the comments here and make whatever scope they think would be best for most hunters (20oz or under!) and it would probably sell like hotcakes as long as the price is doable for most.
They need to able to show market interest/potential sales volume to the potential supplier/OEM though.

25,000 click throughs and close to 500 comments in just 18 days is helpful information.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Yes, would buy. Though honestly more interested in the discussed but apparently never will be built fixed powers. Fixed is where is where it’s at.