Would you buy this scope?

Yes, Ryan is trying to make it real- but companies don’t believe anyone will buy a scope like this.
I’d love to think that Nightforce would, but I doubt it would achieve the price range that we’re looking for, even if they were up for it.

I’d say it would be a LOW/Kamakura company. Maven seems clueless, despite their success with the 1.2.

The company would have to understand and be on board with the project, not just skeptically building to Ryan’s specs.

Last edited:

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Scope specs:

FFP 3-12x40 to 3-12x44mm

Consistently holds zero through 3-foot drops and 3,000 rounds of constant use.

The reticle is specially designed for 25 to 600 yards, with bold outer posts and correct center aiming references.

Zero Stop

Low profile top turret.

Capped windage.

Large eye box

Good glass

20oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I’d love to think that Nightforce would, but I doubt it would achieve the price range that we’re looking for, even if they were up for it.
Same...I'd pay $2000-2500 for an ATACR version of what Ryan describes.

This covers the green issues too, with the digilum reticle. Problem solved.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you get a sense for what part of this scope they push back on most?

The whole thing generally:

- Reliable/durable (not all)
- Simple
- Not high zoom ratio (6x plus)
- Normal magnification and not a 2-20x
- Correctly done FFP mil reticle that isn’t a tree or with donuts
- Low profile turrets with large numbers
- Eyebox over complicated design
-etc

Basically with very few exceptions, the people making decisions do not hunt seriously in broken terrain, don’t shoot very much- if they do it’s usually PRS, etc, etc. The idea that there is a market for a reliable and durable, mid power scope designed correctly with FFP mil reticle and turrets is ridiculous to them. They would rather compete with the 287 other scopes that chase 2-80x magnification and reticles that make no functional sense. Even when a scope company got it right, they can’t understand why it’s selling.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely. I'd purchase two right now and after some abuse would probably add two more. I'd be willing to "invest" or presale or whatever it takes to get this to happen.

I'd like to suggest the name Unicorn Slayer, please no rainbows in the marketing

KJ_ND

FNG
I'm in if it's below 1500. 2-10 and 3-12 are the best magnification range IMO. High base magnifications and high zoom ratios have presented more issues than benefits for my application ( Primarily deer inside 300 and coyotes inside 100.)

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
@Ryan Avery and @Formidilosus,
Recently, an ammunition company brought a certain load to market because they got enough hand written letters from end users requesting such. Might there be an opportunity for us to do such? I’d gladly send a hand written letter to an optics company