Would you buy this scope?

jzeblaz

WKR
Scope specs:

FFP 3-12x40 to 3-12x44mm

Consistently holds zero through 3-foot drops and 3,000 rounds of constant use.

The reticle is specially designed for 25 to 600 yards, with bold outer posts and correct center aiming references.

Zero Stop

Low profile top turret.

Capped windage.

Large eye box

Good glass

20oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm in.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus,
Not trying to be smart here, but several of us gave our answers. We’re very interested, and several have said hands down they would buy it. It’s hard to commit without knowing more.

I wasn’t meaning you, or really anyone with that post- more trying to stop the meme nonsense before it starts.

I love my two Tenmile 3-18 FFP Mil scopes, but this concept scope is something I would look at strongly to convert to.
Would like to see it at no more than $1200, to compete with the Maven. If it’s more than the Maven, why wouldn’t I just buy the Maven. Again, I mean no smart reply. Genuine points/questions.

The Maven RS1.2 is a good scope however, it is constantly out of stock, the turrets could be shorter, the reticle could be a bit more visible with thicker outer stadia lines, it is a touch heavy and large, and Maven has no desire to recreate it in different mag ranges/sizes/configurations. As well, with a 4x mag ration the eyebox (while good on the RS1.2), could be larger.

RWT

WKR
in all seriousness I have plans to purchase 3 for certain in this size range in the next year. Need 1 ASAP for a build. Then it is replacing some of my NF MOA’s as funding affords and I can sell them to make the switch to MIL’s.

If this matches the specs listed it will be my first choice for the current new build simply due to weight.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
The Maven RS1.2 is a good scope however, it is constantly out of stock, the turrets could be shorter, the reticle could be a bit more visible with thicker outer stadia lines, it is a touch heavy and large, and Maven has no desire to recreate it in different mag ranges/sizes/configurations. As well, with a 4x mag ration the eyebox (while good on the RS1.2), could be larger.
Well enough! I’m definitely interested! My vote is 12x top power, and 44mm objective

RyanT26

WKR
Yes, it is exactly what I’m looking for.
It just has to be available. No extended wait times, no we’ll get more mil/mil in six months, etc.

Helislacker

Lil-Rokslider
All:

It’s a serious question from Ryan. This is not just a feeler post. No presale or other nonsense.

If a 3-12x40’ish mil/mil scope was offered that was consistently reliable and durable, was tested heavily, had multiple reticles that were truly usable/visible from 3-12x, a good/great eyebox and DOF, low profile zero stop elevation and capped windage; and was under $1,500- would you buy it?
I’d buy it for sure

Axlrod

WKR
Yes

It should also be called the RokSkop and be Rokslide green!
Even though I have only had a Maven a couple months. And I don't know HOW to make memes. 😆

WKR
As described, I'd probably want 1. I really like the maven rs1.2. If it was lighter and had a nicer eyebox I'd like it more, even if that means giving up illum.

Id buy something like that in a heartbeat, it'd be really great if you could expand in the future to fixed scopes with less features to keep the price down but with the same turrets and reticle as the 1500 dollar scope. I'd run the 1500 dollar scope for my primary Hunting rifle but if you could do something simple and cheap(er) I'd put them on my .22s, .223, Air rifles etc

Taudisio

WKR
Is there a guarantee for passing the drop test?
The weight is fantastic.
I would look twice at it and probably buy one after the first batch and reviews came out.