Would you buy this scope?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Is this a joke?

This exact list is what a lot of us ask for ALL the time. A Leupy Mark4 that works.

So, yes. Yes I would be a buyer and yes I would recommend it to everyone that would listen.
Leupy has crap reticles in general though.

This concept scope needs to maintain maven style reticle but with bolder stadia. I’ve honestly grown to love the center dot on the MIL Maven reticle so much I have a hard time going back to SWFA MIL reticle (even though this is still a great hunting reticle).

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I’d be interested. Is 20 ounces a realistic weight? I don’t know the ins and outs but I am curious of how it could be accomplished.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I was 30 yards from multiple cow moose the last week and got sight pictures on them in thick woods. Why does the scope need 3 power on the low end with a FFP reticle? The maven is perfectly useable and actually has better usability from 6-8 power for even a “charging brown bear”. Ask me how I know.

If the stadia is thicker then it could work on 3-4 power I suppose. Variable power scopes honestly cause more issues in most real hunting scenarios than they aid, generally speaking of course.

It sounds like you guys have already defined all the requirements and are looking to simply gauge potential interest is all, so I’ll shut up now.

If a scope existed as in the first post I would buy one and then likely slowly phase out my Mavens.

If the same scope was made in fixed 8x44 I would buy 10-12 scopes off the bat.

SDHNTR

WKR
Yes, although personally I would prefer 15x on the top end. And ONLY IF:

There were no BS pre sales. I’m only buying from a company that has the capitalization to adequately fund inventory and not one who instead relies on interest free loans from gullible consumers.

It’s from a company that is well established and has staying power. It needs to be there 10 years from now to stand behind products. No new, fly by night and unproven companies.

And, a company who can manage inventory so that when I want one I can buy one without BS. Or one that utilizes a traditional retail biz model that allows for same.

Probably, but you can get 2.5 swfas for that price. But I would still probably get one anyway 😂

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
If a 3-12x40’ish mil/mil scope was offered that was consistently reliable and durable, was tested heavily, had multiple reticles that were truly usable/visible from 3-12x, a good/great eyebox and DOF, low profile zero stop elevation and capped windage; and was under $1,500- would you buy it?
Yes

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, with some caveats. I'd want to actually see the reticle, and I'd also have to need a scope (I have a surplus at the moment).

go_deep

WKR
So is this a real scope, or just a dream and we're being optics teased?
Cause the truth is, you already know our answer.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I was 30 yards from multiple cow moose the last week and got sight pictures on them in thick woods. Why does the scope need 3 power on the low end with a FFP reticle? The maven is perfectly useable and actually has better usability from 6-8 power for even a “charging brown bear”. Ask me how I know.

If the stadia is thicker then it could work on 3-4 power I suppose. Variable power scopes honestly cause more issues in most real hunting scenarios than they aid, generally speaking of course.

It sounds like you guys have already defined all the requirements and are looking to simply gauge potential interest is all, so I’ll shut up now.

If a scope existed as in the first post I would buy one and then likely slowly phase out my Mavens.

If the same scope was made in fixed 8x44 I would buy 10-12 scopes off the bat.

An 8x50mm fixed power is exactly what I personally desire- however that’s a niche and won’t be sought first.

As for 3-4x on the low end- a 6x bottom end magnification variable is DOA as a hunting scope.