Would anyone on the front range let me borrow the items required to replace a Howa 1500 barrel?

You’ll need a gunsmith to replace the barrel on a Howa 1500. This is not a diy project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR
You’ll need a gunsmith to replace the barrel on a Howa 1500. This is not a diy project.

I've done three (1 Howa, 2 Vanguards) with Howage barrels and I'm no gunsmith. It's very straight forward.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've done three (1 Howa, 2 Vanguards) with Howage barrels and I'm no gunsmith. It's very straight forward.
Depends on the barrel going back on. I've changed lots of barrels. If you can use tools and have the go/no go gauge DIY is doable. I have done it on my Howas.

PM me your cell phone, I have the tools. We can talk. I can probably work something out to send you what you need.

cbuck516

FNG

After having the only reputable local gunsmith mar the barrel finish on a family heirloom rifle, I decided to learn the skill myself. I have now replaced one Howa 1500 barrel and an old Mauser M98 barrel. It is a great DIY project if you buy a prefit that requires no additional machining to set headspace.