Worst beer you ever drank?

Amstel Light. Most disgusting stuff I’ve ever tried. Used to blue water fish the east coast a couple times a week. 12 hour days, super hot temps etc.
People got designated what to bring...ice, beer, bait etc.
One guy brought a case of Amstel light.
first time ever I didn’t have a beer on the 2 hour ride in. Nasty

Sam Adams Triple Bock in 1998

nothing is as bad as that. Butall the dumb super-hop beers are close.

Back in my 20's I went to the East coast. I was use to Bud, Coors, and Oly then I tried a bunch of east coast type beers including Shmidts.... they were all just plain nasty. Golden Grain and Brown Derby were also at the bottom.

I think of growing up on Country Club Malt and a little Silver Satin in it to make it even worse(good old days for the dumb).
Beer 33 from Nam has to be on the top all time.
Sorry, Lost it for a minute.. I am surprised to see many talking about Coors as they are about as anti gun as an Dimwitt in DC, so with that said you'd never ride with me going anywhere if you were bringing Coors.. NOT ALLOWED in my outfit

A quick Google search didn't turn up much for me on the anti-gun claim. Would you mind sharing some details on this?

Amstel Light. Most disgusting stuff I’ve ever tried. Used to blue water fish the east coast a couple times a week. 12 hour days, super hot temps etc.
People got designated what to bring...ice, beer, bait etc.
One guy brought a case of Amstel light.
first time ever I didn’t have a beer on the 2 hour ride in. Nasty
Man, I grew to like Amstel about a month and a half back. I had a job in NYC, Queens for about 15 days. Luckily didn't get the kung flu. The hotel had mostly IPA type beers @ $9/bottle. Crazy expensive. The only thing I could convince the bartender to sell me cheap(er) was Amstel. Aftet a long hard day a few of those tasted pretty good! Even for $4/bottle! Hadn't ever had it before then, but I will foever be grateful for that beer and that bartender

I don’t drink craft beers and IPAs, so only speaking of cheap domestic beers, bud light lime is the only beer I can remember dumping out instead of finishing it. Also, Hamms light is awful, but regular Hamms ain’t bad.

Schmidts for sure, my mom would do the shopping when I was growing up and she would buy my dad the cheapest thing she could find because he'd drink it anyways. I "borrowed" some for a high school party and there was definitely a consensus that it was almost undrinkable. Which is pretty bad because I remember steel reserve was being passed around too. I would have completely forgot about it if it weren't for the cougar on the can. I've feared the panther piss ever since.

I agree with other folks that there are no bad beers, just different tastes.

In that line of reasoning however, whoever wrote Amstel Light probably drinks Michelob Ultra and feels fulfilled in their beer drinking. I've caught a better buzz off tap water with much better flavor. Amstel Light is the beer drinkers' ultralight beer and is a delicious reprieve from mainstream light lagers. I'm salivating thinking of a near-frozen Amstel Light.

Worst I've every had were any of the Plank Road Breweries. Icehouse, South Paw, Red Dog. All foul. But you need something to get the job done underage.

When I turned 21, my buddies bought me a case of Busch Ice. Uber foul. Uber hangover. Pay back was me destroying their bathroom after we got back from the bars.
Chili peppers don't belong in beer, but beer goes good with them.
Gose style beers are not for me. Can tolerate drinking one, but that's it. Definitely not something I'm keeping in my fridge.

Great topic!!!! IPAs for the win. If forced to only drink one beer for the rest of my life, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I'm not a fan of IPA's in general but to me Dale's pale ale goes down like broken glass! I can't even drink it after throwing hay all day!

Milwaukee 1812. Back in the 90s It use to be available in 24 packs. The box was straight brown cardboard like a case of canned soup comes in.

Back