Worst beer you ever drank?

Way back in the day we bought the cheapest beer we could. I'm sure it was bad but we drank it. I bought a Goose Island something once. Couldn't finish it.

Stalker69

WKR
Don’t remember the name nor if it made it to market. But one year at the great American beer festival they had a beer that was brewed in “ retired” whiskey barrels. It was horrible, had to pour it out and wash the glass as it coated it in a thick film. Nastiest chit I ever tasted. Best beer I ever had was at that same event, it was a “ margarita beer” i remember correctly. The line was huge to get one( by far the longest line of any vender, most there was no line) , but I had buddy working the booth. Not sure if it made it to market either.

I don't drink anymore, but I have certainly done my share of it when I was younger... the worst beer I have had is Busch.... that stuff was terrible even after I had a buzz..... honorable mention is steel reserve, but at least choking it down was effective.... not so much with Busch.

Busch was to me, the polar opposite of Rogue Dead Guy

Superdoo

WKR
I thought of another. A friend grabbed some hemp ipa’s once.
Tastes about how you’d think. Dump an ipa into skunky bong water and drink up!

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
I tried some turkey infused beer at the brew fest here in Oregon once. It was a holiday small batch. Cant remember which Portland brewery made it though. Was not my cup of tea, but I had to try it!

This thread makes me sad. I should be headed to Bend in a few weekends for some Crux, GooLife, 10 Barrel, Boneyard, Deschutes, etc beer extravaganza. Thanks, coronavirus.

Azone

WKR
I had a Tecate during a pitstop at the Phantom Ranch in the bottom of the Grand Canyon on a 90+ degree day. At that time, and under those circumstances, I thought it was the best beer I had ever tasted 😀

Yuengling Oktoberfest is high on my list of worst beers.

When it's that hot any cold beer is a good beer usually. Some of the Octoberfest beers are hit and miss depending on the source. Sierra Nevada Octoberfest has usually gone down pretty smooth for me.

I was also guilty of being on the IPA band wagon for a month or two a while back. After going back to just plain old Coors Original or a Pacifico I really cant do the bitterness and general nastiness of most garden variety IPAs.

Azone

WKR
Coors light......Club soda in a can.

And what's funny is I will still drink these when at a long poker game or party when I don't want to get drunk.....

_____

Good ole C minus, you really gotta put some work in to get sideways with those bad boys. But on a super hot triple digit day they're still my go to.

AZmark

WKR
1. Olympia Gold was a low cal beer of the 70s
2. Buckhorn 99 cents a 6 pack was a Safeway brand of the 70s
3. Corona. I think those guys that work in the brewery p1ss in the stuff that comes to the US. I know I would.

Reactions: lif

gburk

WKR
No such thing as bad beer, some is just better than others.

Steel reserve, though, I remember that one. Might be an exception

Phaseolus

WKR
I have had lots of beer in a bunch of different places. Some of the worst was 15 cases of Milawaukee’s Beast that we bought, $ .99 a sixpack, for a three month sailing trip in the Bahamas. Our little propane fired fridg had room for three beers so we ended up drinking many of those warm. Yuk. The best beer I ever had was on that trip too, and I think beer can be situational. We’d motored all day since there was no wind to get to Staniel Cay and it was stinking hot, we had no cold anything. When we got anchored we went ashore and there was a small house that had an even smaller store in it, but it did have a cooler with Becks Beer in clear bottles. When you popped the top a inch of ice formed instantly at the top and it was ambrosia.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
I think of growing up on Country Club Malt and a little Silver Satin in it to make it even worse(good old days for the dumb).
Beer 33 from Nam has to be on the top all time.
Sorry, Lost it for a minute.. I am surprised to see many talking about Coors as they are about as anti gun as an Dimwitt in DC, so with that said you'd never ride with me going anywhere if you were bringing Coors.. NOT ALLOWED in my outfit

Last edited:
Can’t remember the name, but it was a sour beer my buddy was raving about. Red wine vinegar and asparagus piss is what it tasted like. I’m an IPA guy, but it took a couple years of solid beer drinking to get to that level. Now any beer that is not a strong IPA is sub par. That being said I’ll still drink what ever is available. FEAR NO BEER

Had a green chili beer when I was living in NM and was not a fan. Beer shouldn't be spicy IMO. Someone on here will probably love green chili beer though

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jfs82

WKR
8 Natty Ice I found under a piece of drift wood in a shoebox in college in Santa Cruz CA. Being 19 and broke it felt like a godsend, just disgusting. We finished them all very quickly.

At the age of 16 or so a buddies parents were having a party, we grabbed some old Milwaukee and Milwaukee's best and put in a grocery bag and hid in the woods close to the house, several months later we remembered it. Probably about end of summer.

That's when we understood the keystone bitter beer face commercials.

Stuff was skunked, but being of the age it was still beer and the only beer we had that night still drank it. Can't begin to stomach anything Milwaukee or even Miller since.