Worst beer you ever drank?

I won't lie, I like beer. Some beers are better than others but I'll never be a beer snob. If you've got cold beer, I'll drink it.

Generally I drink Buscsssschhhhh Lattes (they're cheap and you can drink a pile of them without getting drunk) but prefer Irish Red Ales and Brown Ales. An ice cold Dos Equis on a hot summer day always hits the spot too!

That said there's been a few beers I've tried and just could not palate/finish..... a peanut butter/chocolate stout (too sweet), a blueberry ale (just gross), Hopalicious (it was a touch too hoppy), a maple syrup beer of some sort (also gross) and any beer from the brewery in La Crosse, WI. (I live 20 minutes from downtown La Crosse, and that brewery makes the city smell like farts. I've always said the smell that emits from that place equates well to the taste of the beer they produce. I've tried several of their beers, and have yet to finish one of them.)

I'm also not a huge fan of IPAs. If you "twist my arm" I'll drink em, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any.

-BHWI

Worst beer I ever had was a spit can disguised as a Coors Light.... Not sure it gets worse than that.

I've had one or 2 of those over the years myself. Also cigarette butt cans disguised as miller lite. I've had some bad ones over the years, some felt like they had denature alcohol added to them, but the absolute worst was something out of a plastic bottle, luke warm while partying on a boat in the Med off the coast of Turkey. It almost made me gag.... and I kept drinking it, b/c I was 20 or 21 and young men are the dumbest people alive.

Oregonboy

WKR
Trader Joe's sold their own brand called "Name Tag"....easily the worst beer I've had.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Good ole C minus, you really gotta put some work in to get sideways with those bad boys. But on a super hot triple digit day they're still my go to.
You know what Coors Light and sex in a canoe have in common?

They're both f#@!%$& close to water lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I wrote Amstel light. Disgusting.
My camping beer is Coors yeller can. Banquet I tell ya!
My house beer is more IPA driven. Bouy IPA is currently my go to.
Vortex IPA secondary.
I will agree with you though. Green label Sierra Nevada pale ale is the perfect beer.
Rogue dead guy not too shabby. They got to big for their britches though. Over priced.
I was drinking Rogues in 1992 on the waterfront in Newport Or. back when they just started. Only place you could get it. $2 a pint in the good old days.
I did some work for the Fort George brewing production manager a few months back, seeing the Vortex IPA jogged that memory.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I worked at a lumber yard back in high school in Tennessee. We had an old guy that would bring in a salami sandwich and a Black Label beer in his lunchbox every day and leave them under the seat of his car. This car was a station wagon that looked like the one out of National Lampoon's Vacation. It would be almost a hundred degrees every day and he would leave it in the car with the windows rolled up and then go sit in the car and drink that beer and eat that sandwich for lunch. You couldn't get near him after that.

Azone

WKR
You know what Coors Light and sex in a canoe have in common?

They're both f#@!%$& close to water lol

I was always told it was like sex on the beach because its damn near water. Sex on a canoe does sound interesting though. Lifes all about experiences right?

barkdevi

FNG
I'm bored. Whats the worst beer you ever drank?

Worst beer I ever drank was Sierra in 1980 or 1981 at a TKE house at a small college in PA. I couldn't finish the cup. It was god awful and I wasn't particular back then. Its funny what you remember sometimes and I still remember that beer. I think they had horses in the back of the brewery filling the kegs.
Worst beer I have ever had is moose drool!! Hate dark beer and this was awful!

dtrkyman

WKR
Beer in general tastes like trash to me, but I would have to say Busch light, I was dying of thirst one hot humid day at my uncles farm, only thing cold was Busch light, couldn't even force down more than a taste!

Whisky

WKR
Wife brought these home once. To my recollection its the only beer I've ever dumped out.

Screenshot_20200504-204920_Chrome.jpg

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
YE Olde Frothingslosh. I love beer & have been drinking it pretty regularly since I was 16. 20 years in the Navy gave me the opportunity to drink beer all over the world. I've had really good stuff & really bad stuff.