Wod

sargent

WKR
There's a weight room across the hall from my kid's wrestling practice room. I took advantage of it for my first weight lifting session ever. Plan on going a few times a week through the winter.

Squats - warmup, work sets 3x5
Bench - warmup, work sets 3x5
Deadlift - warmup, work sets 3x5

Yesterday- left before daylight to shovel out a turnaround spot and a ton of snow around a very stuck truck. Got a half a load of firewood for extra weight. Even at 19, they still ask for help…

Today- Pull Up Ladder to 8
14min of intervals on the treadmill
Pull Up Ladder to 8

4 sets, 30sec rest
Bench- 45/95/135/175 x 20/20/15/10
Barbell Curl- 45 x 12
Push Ups- x 18
DB Curls- 20s x 10

Bench- Singles from 185 to 225 then drop to 185 x 10

2 sets, no rest
DB Incline Bench- 65/75s x 10/6
Preacher- 55 x 10

Pull Up Ladder to 7
Hike 700vert hill with 30lbs mid morning.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After yesterday's hike I only needed 3 miles to hit the 2023 mark, so instead of getting 4-5 miles in locally, I decided to put an exclamation point on today.

Went into the Elkhorns to bag Casey Peak a little over 12 miles and 3500' of gain. I didn't bring snowshoes on a hunch and only had to posthole about a mile to make to the peak. The wind was howling up top, but there is a small shelter that gets you out of the wind- pretty good view out the plastic window too :D. I'll be hitting the ibuprofen pretty liberally!

dkFfPJA.jpg

4acSWBe.jpg

8ZVgSfp.jpg

After yesterday's hike I only needed 3 miles to hit the 2023 mark, so instead of getting 4-5 miles in locally, I decided to put an exclamation point on today.

Went into the Elkhorns to bag Casey Peak a little over 12 miles and 3500' of gain. I didn't bring snowshoes on a hunch and only had to posthole about a mile to make to the peak. The wind was howling up top, but there is a small shelter that gets you out of the wind- pretty good view out the plastic window too :D. I'll be hitting the ibuprofen pretty liberally!

dkFfPJA.jpg

4acSWBe.jpg

8ZVgSfp.jpg
Right on. That’s a lot of miles. Now it’s nothing but beer, good meals and Christmas cookies.

Do you continue in 2024, or are you switching your goals?

1jeds

FNG

dkFfPJA.jpg

4acSWBe.jpg

8ZVgSfp.jpg

Congrats on hitting your goal! Do you use CalTopo for the elevation profile, or another program?