Winchester SXR2

Are you saying they are available in the states or asking if people know if they will be? Unsure since you linked the Winchester EU site.

OP
S

Stonia

FNG
Are you saying they are available in the states or asking if people know if they will be? Unsure since you linked the Winchester EU site.
Sorry, there's dozens of that model on GB and my local shop can get ahold of them. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Begle1

FNG
You ever find anything out about the SXR2?

I saw a few while looking at BAR's a while ago and thought... Huh... A semiauto 9.3x62 for under $1000 sure sounds interesting.

OP
S

Stonia

FNG
No, they're still available to order, but never seen one in person. I don't want to be the test case, but I'm definitely still interested. There's a few more chamberings, 308, 30-06, 300win mag, as well as wood stock models.
6b1f7e7cd4a243fed46c0f3c7852cea6.jpg

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Begle1

FNG
Their manual sure has some interesting nuggets.

Your rifle has a detachable or fixed magazine mounted on a hinged floorplate depending on the legislation in force in each country. The magazine capacity also depends on the legislation in force in each country.

Their website lists 2 round and 3 round "drop box" magazines, but all the online lists I see specify 2 round mags. 3 round mags seem a lot more compelling.

I don't know what the ideal number of 9.3x62 rounds would be to have in a 7lb 2oz semiauto rifle, but I can't help but feel the answer is "more than 3".

Begle1

FNG

Begle1

FNG
I'm still a little intrigued by these rifles.

It appears that Lipsey's imported a glut of them from Europe. North American Winchester isn't happy about it because they don't have any parts or knowledge of them.

So the guns are orphaned to some degree, although I understand they also share some parts commonality with a BAR, so maybe it's not so bad.

As it comes to magazines, a picture of an imported SXR2 magazine is attached. Winchester USA told me that the SXR2's would take their BAR magazines, but the pictured magazine would not be compatible with an American BAR, correct?

It seems to me like these imported SXR2's would take the "drop box" European magazines that a brave shooter could order from around the world for $150+ each. It also seems to me like a 10 rounder 30-06 magazine would also be useable as a 10 rounder 9.3x62 magazine. But I don't know how to verify either of those things without talking to a European, or maybe an Aussie.

Attachments

• SXR2 Magazine.jpg
    SXR2 Magazine.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 3