Will Vehicle Prices Ever Decrease?

*zap*

WKR
Well I’m done. I bought an 06, 5.9 Cummins with 112k on it, one owner. He used it to tow his camper. 65 yr old, retired. Has every service record and maintenance record since 06.

I was putting injectors in a tractor for him and I told him I sold a few of my Cummins and gunna buy a tundra. Got to talking and he had this in the house garage. Guys can call me stupid or whatever they want. I paid 23k cash. Is that a lot for an 18 yr old truck? Sure. Is it cheaper then 70-100 for a new one? You bet, way more reliable as well. Can literally eat off the frame and top of the engine.Keeping this one forever.

View attachment 702142View attachment 702143View attachment 702144
good luck with your new truck..

good luck with your new truck..
Thanks. So far so good. I’ve had just about every generation of these and bunch of power strokes and duramax. This is hands down the cleanest used truck I’ve ever had. Should last me a long time and hopefully pass it down to one of the kiddos.

Orelds

FNG
Tbh, who knows when prices will drop. Some people think they might chill, but with the way things are going, it could take a minute. If you need a new car, waiting might just mean paying more, so maybe just go for it if your ride’s not cutting it.

100k trucks arnt selling in my area very well…lol I’ve seen the same trucks sitting at the dealership for 3 months now..

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
There are discounts, but msrp has risen prohibitively so not really a nominal drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are discounts, but msrp has risen prohibitively so not really a nominal drop

This is the right way to look at it. Two things are going on…there is sales price relative to MSRP, and that will likely come down as the car industry seems to be shifting to a more challenging environment, which is better for the consumer. Seeing more discounts lately.

The other piece is what will happen to MSRP’s. Those aren’t going to come down, at least on an apples to apples basis, but customers may opt for a cheaper model or fewer options.

In the market right now. My wife and I have looked everything. Toyota, dodge, Chevy, ford, lexus, Acura, genisis, Mercedes, and BMW. They are all expensive.

I found a new 2024 4 runner trd pro and the dealer added $5k for market adjustment bc it’s the last of the v6 engine in the 4 runner. So, just because I can. .

$66k for a 4 runner.

(FYI, it’s the only new 4 runner I’ve found for 300 miles)

Everything we have looked at with options and features we want has been $55k and up.

The car we like the most is the bmw x5 but after talking to a bmw mechanic in Houston with 15-20 years of experience I was warned to lease it or stay away from it unless you get rid of it after 3 years or 35k miles. Otherwise it’s gonna really cost you. Gone are the days of tune ups and servicing them at 100k miles. He’s now doing it at 60-80k on models 2021 and newer. And apparently this is how the cars are being designed purposely.

Interest rates suck….

That’s new and used…

She currently drives a 2017 Toyota Camry that’s paid off and only has 85k miles on it. Only reason we are looking is bc we have our first baby on the way due January and wanted to put her in a bigger vehicle. The Lexus RX 350 just isn’t quite big enough and none of the domestic really hold value long term.

I have a 2020 tundra with 105k miles. Almost paid off with a $410 note and 1.5% interest rate. No idea what I’m going to do when I need a new truck. Toyota did away with the 5.7 V8 for a stupid turbo v6. Not impressed with it either. And get this…

Dodge is doing away with the HEMI. Yes, you read that right…. Why, might you ask? For hybrids and electric. All for some bullshit emissions regulations….

Can my wife and I afford new cars today? Yes, quite easily.

Do we want to? Absofreakinglutely not!

This is out of hand…

My most solid advice to everyone…

GO VOTE!!!!!

Thanks. So far so good. I’ve had just about every generation of these and bunch of power strokes and duramax. This is hands down the cleanest used truck I’ve ever had. Should last me a long time and hopefully pass it down to one of the kiddos.

Congrats on the diamond in the rough. I’d have paid that amount and not thought twice. Just be sure to maintenance it in 400k miles.

My grandpa had a 12 valve 3/4 ton with over 500k on it when it got totaled from someone pulling out in front of my brother while he was driving. Broke my heart too. Was an amazing truck and a work horse.

Ucsdryder

WKR
In the market right now. My wife and I have looked everything. Toyota, dodge, Chevy, ford, lexus, Acura, genisis, Mercedes, and BMW. They are all expensive.

I found a new 2024 4 runner trd pro and the dealer added $5k for market adjustment bc it’s the last of the v6 engine in the 4 runner. So, just because I can. .

$66k for a 4 runner.

(FYI, it’s the only new 4 runner I’ve found for 300 miles)

Everything we have looked at with options and features we want has been $55k and up.

The car we like the most is the bmw x5 but after talking to a bmw mechanic in Houston with 15-20 years of experience I was warned to lease it or stay away from it unless you get rid of it after 3 years or 35k miles. Otherwise it’s gonna really cost you. Gone are the days of tune ups and servicing them at 100k miles. He’s now doing it at 60-80k on models 2021 and newer. And apparently this is how the cars are being designed purposely.

Interest rates suck….

That’s new and used…

She currently drives a 2017 Toyota Camry that’s paid off and only has 85k miles on it. Only reason we are looking is bc we have our first baby on the way due January and wanted to put her in a bigger vehicle. The Lexus RX 350 just isn’t quite big enough and none of the domestic really hold value long term.

I have a 2020 tundra with 105k miles. Almost paid off with a $410 note and 1.5% interest rate. No idea what I’m going to do when I need a new truck. Toyota did away with the 5.7 V8 for a stupid turbo v6. Not impressed with it either. And get this…

Dodge is doing away with the HEMI. Yes, you read that right…. Why, might you ask? For hybrids and electric. All for some bullshit emissions regulations….

Can my wife and I afford new cars today? Yes, quite easily.

Do we want to? Absofreakinglutely not!

This is out of hand…

My most solid advice to everyone…

GO VOTE!!!!!

Toyota isn’t delivering any 4Runners right now. If you want a 4Runner pay a hefty premium or wait 6 months or so until they fill orders and demand drops.

Toyota isn’t delivering any 4Runners right now. If you want a 4Runner pay a hefty premium or wait 6 months or so until they fill orders and demand drops.

Sales guy response to $5k mark up.

“Yes, this is going to be the last time Toyota is offering a TRD Pro 4runner with the v6 engine. The new 2025 models are going to be 4 cylinders”

Another dumb move. Nix the 6 cycle see that’s been almost bullet proof for 12 years….

All in the name of the green new scam…

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sales guy response to $5k mark up.

“Yes, this is going to be the last time Toyota is offering a TRD Pro 4runner with the v6 engine. The new 2025 models are going to be 4 cylinders”

Another dumb move. Nix the 6 cycle see that’s been almost bullet proof for 12 years….

All in the name of the green new scam…

Yep. It’s being forced down their throats, just like ours!

No one is being forced to buy a new vehicle.
This. If you don’t like the new offerings, buy a used one and keep fixing it.

My 2008 Tundra has 156k on it. I’ve contemplated buying new or ver new used in about 5 years. Or, for what a new one costs I can easily keep fixing the 08.

We love our 2023 RAV4 though. 32+ mpg on the freeway.

Ucsdryder

WKR
This. If you don’t like the new offerings, buy a used one and keep fixing it.

My 2008 Tundra has 156k on it. I’ve contemplated buying new or ver new used in about 5 years. Or, for what a new one costs I can easily keep fixing the 08.

We love our 2023 RAV4 though. 32+ mpg on the freeway.
Danged used cars aren’t cheap either! The hurricane is keeping prices up and inventory levels low right now.

CorbLand

WKR
If you want a V6 Toyota, you probably better just buy one. Toyota won’t give up on the 4 bangers for a few more years, if ever and people want the V6. They are going to hold their value pretty well.

I have never seen them go down. Incentives go up and down. I never wait until I have to trade or buy a new truck. So I watch for a 10k off sort of deal. In usually decide that I will buy a new truck sometime over a year. One thing you can do to lower the cost is to watch the trim level or package you are looking at.If your upgrading trim levels on every purchase then your not just replacing or updating your upgrading. So expect to pay more. Much more. When I was younger I had to have the limited or Denali packages. These days I’m just as happy with the middle of the road package.

I have a good time when I go buy a truck. I see my buddies getting all stressed and aggravated.
I’m not about to spend 60k plus and not have good time doing it. I know what I want to buy and I know what my trade is worth. I have a good idea what the cost is going to be. So going and getting the truck is just a formality.

Last edited: