Will Vehicle Prices Ever Decrease?

That’s not completely true. If you are borrowing at a lower rate than your investment accounts it’s a different ballgame than if you are borrowing higher. .
That math will never work out. Especially when you factor in the extra 40k you have to spend to get a new vehicle with a lower interest rate, but that is just one man’s opinion.

That math will never work out. Especially when you factor in the extra 40k you have to spend to get a new vehicle with a lower interest rate, but that is just one man’s opinion.
Now you are changing variables. If your comparing apples to apples and you are purchasing something for x dollars, you are better off financing if you are getting a lower interest rate.

If you are talking about new vs used, that’s a completely different comparison.

Now you are changing variables. If your comparing apples to apples and you are purchasing something for x dollars, you are better off financing if you are getting a lower interest rate.

If you are talking about new vs used, that’s a completely different comparison.
I didn’t change the variables. My comment was directed at the person who said 10% interest, no thanks. Which I was taking as he would rather have the lower interest rate which means buying something more expensive.

Even apples to apples if you invested for the length of time that a specific vehicle loan is for, you still run the risk of coming out in the wrong side. I completely understand what you are saying, but if you look at 99% of the population, they are not investing much of anything.

Even apples to apples if you invested for the length of time that a specific vehicle loan is for, you still run the risk of coming out in the wrong side. I completely understand what you are saying, but if you look at 99% of the population, they are not investing much of anything.
If you have $50k to spend cash on a vehicle, I’ll invest the $50k and finance the vehicle if rates are favorable, every time. It would seem you are referring to financing and NOT investing the money. If that is your premise, we are in agreement there.

If you have $50k to spend cash on a vehicle, I’ll invest the $50k and finance the vehicle if rates are favorable, every time. It would seem you are referring to financing and NOT investing the money. If that is your premise, we are in agreement there.

It's a retarded premise because you could save at least $30k by buying a $20k vehicle that does the same thing.

*zap*

WKR
buying a vehicle cash is an investment....especially if you buy it right and maintain/improve it.

I can buy a truck & drive it for a year while maintaining it and do some improvements to it and sell it for more than I paid. You have to find the right deal to start with thou.

I never said I had to do it.

You can thank this current admin for these asinine policies and BS regulations being forced through all industries.

Like I said, GO VOTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newsflash: The CARES Act ($2.2 trillion of made up funny money injected into the economy) was passed by a Republican majority Senate and signed by Trump.

Can we do the Dave Ramsey thing where you tell us how old you are and how much money you make and about your assets and debt?

Americans have interesting philosophies and habits with respect to vehicle ownership, for sure.

Some situations make it more advantageous to buy new. Sometimes they don’t.

The advantageousness is something that can be discretely calculated, and either it is or it isn't. Where people mess up is miscalculating risk and injecting emotion.

When I drop my kids off for school I notice that the parking lot of vehicles driven by people that incessantly bitch about not making enough money are ALL driving nicer and newer vehicles than me.

WRO

WKR
In the market right now. My wife and I have looked everything. Toyota, dodge, Chevy, ford, lexus, Acura, genisis, Mercedes, and BMW. They are all expensive.

I found a new 2024 4 runner trd pro and the dealer added $5k for market adjustment bc it’s the last of the v6 engine in the 4 runner. So, just because I can. .

$66k for a 4 runner.

(FYI, it’s the only new 4 runner I’ve found for 300 miles)

Everything we have looked at with options and features we want has been $55k and up.

The car we like the most is the bmw x5 but after talking to a bmw mechanic in Houston with 15-20 years of experience I was warned to lease it or stay away from it unless you get rid of it after 3 years or 35k miles. Otherwise it’s gonna really cost you. Gone are the days of tune ups and servicing them at 100k miles. He’s now doing it at 60-80k on models 2021 and newer. And apparently this is how the cars are being designed purposely.

Interest rates suck….

That’s new and used…

She currently drives a 2017 Toyota Camry that’s paid off and only has 85k miles on it. Only reason we are looking is bc we have our first baby on the way due January and wanted to put her in a bigger vehicle. The Lexus RX 350 just isn’t quite big enough and none of the domestic really hold value long term.

I have a 2020 tundra with 105k miles. Almost paid off with a $410 note and 1.5% interest rate. No idea what I’m going to do when I need a new truck. Toyota did away with the 5.7 V8 for a stupid turbo v6. Not impressed with it either. And get this…

Dodge is doing away with the HEMI. Yes, you read that right…. Why, might you ask? For hybrids and electric. All for some bullshit emissions regulations….

Can my wife and I afford new cars today? Yes, quite easily.

Do we want to? Absofreakinglutely not!

This is out of hand…

My most solid advice to everyone…

GO VOTE!!!!!

Buy the pro with the v6 if you can get it for msrp, you’ll be in the black a long time on it.

CorbLand

WKR
I wish I would have taken a picture of my 2004 Rav. Both the alternator and the starter were extremely easy to access.

CorbLand

WKR
Math is math and is not subject to ones opinion. 2 plus 2 equals 4. Either the math works or it doesnt.

Calculate it out and see what the math tells you. Then add in all your personal stuff (be honest about it) and do what makes the most sense for you.

LFC911

WKR
I don't remember what year it was but i loved it when my Taco had the oil filter at the top of the engine bay. Every truck should be like that!