Will there ever be primers again?

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
I think a lot of recreational shooter/reloader folks are going to wake up and realize that they're sitting on 20k primers and have been working off of one brick for the last two years. Keep your ears and eyes open and you might convince them to sell you a brick or two.

AkRyan

WKR
I frequent ammo shops and I was lucky enough to find bricks late October. My best advise is buy 1000 when you see them then you never have to worry again.

Mosby

WKR
I used to buy primers, bullets and powder when I found them on sale, whether I needed them or not and put them on the shelf. Never in large quantities but over time I have accumulated a decent amount of stuff that should last my lifetime, if I am prudent. I have both bullets and powder that aren't my current preference but who cares. They will shoot and kill and nothing will go to waste.

I have cut way back on the amount of shooting I do; simply because of either cost at todays prices or inability to replace what I use up. My oldest son just bought his first house and is setting up his reloading bench. He can't find primers right now either and I'm going to give him a healthy supply of primers, bullets and powder to get him started but I miss shooting every weekend and walking into gun shops when they had reloading supplies and not dumbass tactical gear.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got 2 bricks of primers from a place in anchorage yesterday. They had a lot more too. First time I’ve found them in awhile and not cheap but they were there.

This is a somewhat rhetorical question, but I am starting to wonder if the individual hand loader is going to go extinct. Does anyone have insight as to if/when there might be a change? If not, I may need to buy a 7 PRC and go factory loads moving forward ...
A few places had CCI 200s available about a month a go. Natchez even had free hazmat.

Pdxfire1

FNG
A lot of stores are selling by the 100/sleeve. $10 each. Fisherman’s in Portland wanted $18/sleeve.

OH_Tony

FNG
Natchez has Remington 9 1/2 magnum rifle in stock currently. After shipping and fees the price isn't ideal but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else and 1000 will last me a long time.

I don't have the patience to go into cabelas, scheels, other stores on a daily basis looking for the things I need so I bought a thousand LRP's through ammoseek a month or so ago, CCI 200's. Pissed me off to pay what I had to pay to get them but I can say the same for my new truck, the diesel to fill said new truck, a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs. You name it and we're paying more than we are accustomed to paying for it. But I've got a pile of primers to make my guns go bang.

wyosam

WKR
I got 2 bricks of primers from a place in anchorage yesterday. They had a lot more too. First time I’ve found them in awhile and not cheap but they were there.

Saw a bunch of Varget on a shelf this week, seems like a good sign. I moved up here with a good supply, just glad to see thing showing up on shelves. It’s funny, I’d have shipped the cars up here if driving them up wasn’t the only way to bring powder and primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Saw a bunch of Varget on a shelf this week, seems like a good sign. I moved up here with a good supply, just glad to see thing showing up on shelves. It’s funny, I’d have shipped the cars up here if driving them up wasn’t the only way to bring powder and primers.

We’re you able to drive up with primers and powder?

Aklongbow

FNG
There has been Some powder for $51 a pound and quite a few primers for $75 a 1000 ......... I'm holding out for cheaper prices lol
If they haven't came down after I go through a few thousand more, I will probably give in and replenish ha!ha

wyosam

WKR
We’re you able to drive up with primers and powder?

Yep, Canada has some rules on amounts, but they never asked or cared, even when they came across powder while looking for guns. They couldn’t believe I would drive from Wyoming to Alaska without guns, even when I showed them the paperwork where they were shipped up…lol

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yep, Canada has some rules on amounts, but they never asked or cared, even when they came across powder while looking for guns. They couldn’t believe I would drive from Wyoming to Alaska without guns, even when I showed them the paperwork where they were shipped up…lol

Good to know, thanks!

WKR
My oldest son just bought his first house and is setting up his reloading bench.
I think I might have a lifetime supply of primers for myself, but you bring up a good point. I'll have to stock up on some for the kids when they're widely available and cheap again in a few years.