Wild hogs spreading

crich

WKR

Any of you guys in the north part of the country seeing these things yet?

Last edited:

TxLite

WKR

Any of you guys near the northern border seeing these things yet?
Can’t speak for northern texas, but we’ve had family property in central texas for the last 35 years. We haven’t had hogs until the last two years, and this year they’ve been consistently coming through. Big bastards too.

14E69DDB-38C7-489C-9EFB-83539044F2E8.png

OP
crich

crich

WKR
Thats good size. Man once they come in they are downright destructive.

Gobbler36

WKR
Hogs are always an interesting topic on one hand you have farmers/ranchers the complain about the damage the invasive species does and game agencies that know the damage done on ground nesting birds etc but yet in some places there are season lengths on them on public land and then ranchers and such want to charge to hunt them or want give you permission it’s all kinda confusing

one would think it would be just please come kill these things

flathead#2

Lil-Rokslider
I live in what should be hog central, but havent seen one in years.
And hunt a large lease where everybody puts out corn.
They're just not here.

Can’t speak for northern texas, but we’ve had family property in central texas for the last 35 years. We haven’t had hogs until the last two years, and this year they’ve been consistently coming through. Big bastards too.
OP was talking about Minnesota or Northern parts of the country not Northern Texas.
1709067476446.png

EdP

WKR
The North American model of conservation is hunting. Hunting brings money and saves species from elimination. Unfortunately, the NA model of conservation is being applied to hogs.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
Nebraska spent a shit load of money killing off a bunch of hogs that someone introduced on the Platte River a few years back, they killed them by helicopter. They put a monetary award for information on who introduced them I don't believe it was ever collected. I winter in South Texas a few miles from Aransas National Wildlife Refuge and I go bird and deer watching about once a week and they are out of control. I talked to a ranger who said even though they hunt them they are so difficult in that coastal brush country. I guess the gators can't eat enough of them or maybe that's why they have huge gators blocking every hiking trail on some days.

mjh

FNG
Well since the deer heard is down in parts of northern MN, as the hogs walk in from the north, the newcomers will be able to feed the ample wolf population.

WKR
Pigsticking. That's the answer. Horseback with a spear. After the kill, have a whiskey. Neat, of course. And don't forget to apply a generous amount of wax to your moustache before mounting. You don't want to loose your panache during the chase.