Eating Wild Hog

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I stuck my first pig a couple weeks ago and thought the meat was awesome. One of the guys in camp took the heads and seasoned them up, wrapped in foil then roasted them in the fire. They made killer tacos.

When I got home I soaked it in a cooler with ice for a few days draining the water every day. Smoked a loin and made carnitas out of a neck piece and both were fantastic. Carnitas was actually better I thought because the meat was a little leaner.

Weldor

WKR
Going to Instapot some ribs today, 40 minutes on high put in foil for 30 minutes in the oven soaked in bbg sauce. Outstanding.

roymunson

WKR
I've eaten them. My experience was they're lean, which is the opposite of a domestic pig. We added some pork fat to the sausage and they were delicious. My son shot a 275 pound boar about 2 weeks ago. Was strongly advised to deposit him in the coyote feeding area.

Yoteassasin

Lil-Rokslider
We've shot 3 in the last 2 weeks and all
Of them have had over 2" of fat back on sow had almost 4" . The loins get turned In to the awesomest "jagershnitzel" you've ever had . And the shoulders get made into pozole and chile verde the shanks and hocks are for Sunday ragu over parpadelle and the hams are for jalepaneo cheder and linguica . We shoot around 30 a year and only in the late summer do they get puss pockets and gross ... those ones the buzzards eat