Wild Boar, Hogs...

Jager

WKR
A few recent threads with hunters taking hogs.

I cut my teeth on hunting wild boar when I was younger, and always enjoy hearing of boar hunting exploits from across the globe, hopefully a few of you might share some pics and experiences in this thread.

I have hunted pigs from the flat western Qld plains to mountain jungle, probably the mountain hog hunting being my favourite.

I will start off with this pic, while not a huge boar, I found him when not actually hunting, in an area that holds no porkers, my youngest hunter with his two mates.

porker1_zps86982f01.jpg

Good looking picture there Jager. Did the dogs assist you with the hunt, or were they just along for the ride? The dog with the white face/black eye patch looks like a tough SOB.

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
Bit of a story Couesbitten, I regularly run the dogs beside the motorbike through the bush, they love it. Anyway, I road down onto a grass flat and spotted a heap of rooting so went over to check it out, there never being pigs here. As I rode off and was thinking about puting TC's in place, I spotted this boar in a creek up ahead, even the white dog, looked at it in suprise. lol So we chased him up over a ridge and into some thick stuff where the dogs caught him, but, not actually hunting at the time, I had nothing to dispatch the hog with, so had to take my bootlaces out and hogtie him, then head home for a knife. Yes he is a tough dog alright when it comes to hunting.