Why the NR HATE?? Let's fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer86

WKR
The important part in my opinion is that we have some huge battles ahead of us against anti-hunting groups. The states will need to get together and help each other out. That's not going to happen if non-residents feel like they don't have a dog in the fight. The division will end hunting eventually.
Hunting doesn't just happen as a nr in states that have elk there will always be a dog in the fight if you are a hunter most hunt there home state as well.

just because someone think they can't get a tag out west every year as a nr when you can if you plan accordingly. How do they feel they have no dog in the fight is my question? is it more that can't get a tag a day before season so it's not fair?

KsRancher

WKR
I don't hate NR hunters, I just hate when they whine that my state isn't like their state and want to change it. I hunt multiple states and happily abide by their application process and regulations.
That's the main thing we hear from CO residents. "We want to be like the other western states"

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
I punched some like tags for posts that include the idea of banding together. I don’t necessarily agree with every comment within them.

We HAVE to find a way to unite. Anti-hunters goal is clear and simple. They are well backed, organized, and tactical in their efforts. As a group they are searching and learning. They try something, and if it works they continue. If it doesn’t, they stop and try something different. They’re gaining momentum.

They’ve found key strategies to utilize or foster; divide hunters, pit various hunter groups against each other, focus on and defame the easy targets like trophy hunting, drive costs up, go after the easy target like kitty kitties and wooves… We all are watching it.

What are many of us doing? Get off my lawn yah mother truckers!!! Many of us are watching the city burn while trying to protect our pretty petunias.

How do we stave off this assault? It’s like every big epic adventure movie ever. Lord of the Rings, Brave Heart… Hell, the real world! World Wars! We must unite the tribes and nations! We must set aside our differences to fight for the overarching goal. If not, they will pick us off one by one. Easy targets. The calf separated from the herd.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Fact is residents vote. Nr do not.

If Colo had a more equitable split of licensing and 1-.5% more resident hunters the wolf thing would not have passed… Another fact is maybe, maybe 5% of non resident hunter helped by giving money to the wolf vote… Not many of you stepped up.

From where I sit we need more Colorado residents who vote hunting more as realistically most nr do not contribute to a point where they even move the needle politically.

So I would imagine you nr want to do what’s not only best for hunters but right and support what is needed for effective and equitable continuation of hunting in Colo.

Thats why all nr need to step up and support a very fair and equitable 75/25 split on all licenses. Returned tags, 1-4 choices, and youth license. As all hunters need more Colorado voters hunting yearly and voting than we need that nr $$$. Another fact…

In reality nr hunting is undeniably tied in Colorado - to resident voting.. Or the best thing you nr can do is get more resident hunter who vote in the woods hunting regularly.

Looking forward to the nr support!!
Yep. What’s funny about the OPs post is that the OPPOSITE is true.

If we had 100% resident only hunting, it could be easily argued we would have more hunters in Colorado. Easier access, better hunting, easier hunting = more resident hunters. The wolf initiative passed by around 1%, at one point it was less than 1%. More hunters would have led to more people voting against the wolves. So I contest that NR hunters caused the wolf initiative to pass.

Prove me wrong…

Explain how nonresident hunters helped keep the wolf initiative from passing?

I don't understand what we are trying to say here just because NR of a state any state pick one are crying because they cant get a big game license they think they deserve and the state should just give them one... There's only a limited amount of big game animals to hunt so license has to be limited in sum way and NR are going to get the short end of the stick........... The residents of a state should receive less tags because NR pay more money for there tags? The biggest problem here is the entitled attitude of people thinking they are actually entitled to a tag...

That is NOT what he's saying at all. What he's saying is that as a hunting community we should be more cordial to one another so that hunting opportunities for EVERYONE aren't lost.

If anyone thinks that the state they live in will never see hunting opportunity lost through legislation is fooling themselves.

Nobody thought 30 years ago that CO and NM would go ultra liberal, but here we are...

I've seen widespread evidence of non-residents backstabing , spiking lease prices, and basically ignoring all local game laws.
Soooooo "Get off my lawn"!!!

My friend, residents are normally the ones that break their own game laws. I have anecdotal evidence as well of residents doing it to NR's...

If we had 100% resident only hunting, it could be easily argued we would have more hunters in Colorado. Easier access, better hunting, easier hunting = more resident hunters. The wolf initiative passed by around 1%, at one point it was less than 1%. More hunters would have led to more people voting against the wolves. So I contest that NR hunters caused the wolf initiative to pass.

Prove me wrong…

Prove you wrong? That's easy. The influx of ultra liberal voters is what caused the wolf experiment in CO.

Changing tag allocation to 100% resident will do absolutely nothing to make CO go more conservative. That's what you're saying by increasing resident tags. It's the influx of nonhunters that don't alreadynlive there is what the problem is...

KenLee

WKR
That is NOT what he's saying at all. What he's saying is that as a hunting community we should be more cordial to one another so that hunting opportunities for EVERYONE aren't lost.

If anyone thinks that the state they live in will never see hunting opportunity lost through legislation is fooling themselves.

Nobody thought 30 years ago that CO and NM would go ultra liberal, but here we are...

My friend, residents are normally the ones that break their own game laws. I have anecdotal evidence as well of residents doing it to NR's...
I see what I see...
Resident outlaws are usually widely scattered.
Entire Clubs of NR leaseholders ignore the laws

KenLee

WKR

Prove me wrong…

Sounds logical to me.

cnelk

WKR
If Res were not whining, regulators would not be changing regulations.

Not exactly.
I used to hunt Nebraska - OTC deer and OTC turkey.

It became an absolute zoo. When the Neb Game & Parks sent me my yearly survey, I [as a NonRes] repeatedly mentioned there were too many NonRes taking part in the Neb hunting seasons.

Guess what - it musta been heard by me and others.
Now Nebraska has OTC with Caps for NonRes for deer and turkey.

Prove me wrong…

Colorado has OTC tags and tons of no-point/low point units. There is nothing stopping any resident from going out and hunting very good areas.
If you kick one NR out, there is no way to logically say a non hunting resident will take their place.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Colorado has OTC tags and tons of no-point/low point units. There is nothing stopping any resident from going out and hunting very good areas.
If you kick one NR out, there is no way to logically say a non hunting resident will take their place.
Have you hunted otc and low point units? Look at 61 and 62. They’re separated by a dirt road. One side is the 5th best unit in the state, and the other side is garbage.

Get rid of ALL the nonresidents in otc and low point units and in 3-4 years with less hunting pressure, more rag horns surviving, etc these units would be awesome!

Awesome hunting would lead to more people taking up hunting, and more hunters moving to Colorado to take advantage of the opportunity.

I’m starting to like this idea more and more.

Last edited:
View attachment 677584

Hey FNG - you sure seem to be giggling a lot on posts to this thread. You have something better to contribute?
Im just hear to watch the dumpster fire! All you non res and the op can cry and moan but the fact of the matter is if if any thing is changing its going to be less opportunities for non res in the western states. This is due to the decreasing animal populations across the west and the fact that most western states animals are held in trust by the state for the states residents! Good luck in you battles for more non res allocations!

The important part in my opinion is that we have some huge battles ahead of us against anti-hunting groups. The states will need to get together and help each other out. That's not going to happen if non-residents feel like they don't have a dog in the fight. The division will end hunting eventually.
Total agreement. This R/NR division is a perfect setup for a "divide and conquer" strategy.

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
Can't remember exactly where I heard it, whether it was on this forum or some podcast that I was watching, but in regards to the comment above about how anti-hunting groups being well funded, organized, efficient, and tactical - well look at why they're going after hunting.

We always say that one of the main reasons (right or wrong) that we need firearms is for hunting. In their eyes, take away the hunting, you no longer have a need for firearms.

Just food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.