Why shouldn’t I get the Trijicon TenMile?

Marshfly

WKR
Curious on a detailed comparison between these two scopes. I have never handled a Maven, but the user's here are very excited about them.

You're the first I recall that mentions liking the tenmile better.
There's a lot of us here that have zero issues with the Tenmile reticle. But we get jumped on by people that apparently know how our eyes work better than we do. LOL.

rrbailey

FNG
IMO Tenmile/Credo scopes give the best value for the combo of proven durability/reliability and features (glass, parallax, illum reticle, magnification range, zero stop, capped windage). If you got Nightforce NXS or NX8 money, great....but if not I don't see a better option for the money. The new Maven is getting good reviews but it's a little more expensive.

May I ask why you personally prefer mil > moa? ffp or sfp?
Reading this thread will be a good start for you. The OP of it ended up being convinced and buying MRAD/FFP scopes.

How did you feel the glass compaired between the two?
I don't recall my experience with the Tenmile very well as my ownership was brief, but I don't recall any significant difference when I went to the Credo. Both were perfectly adequate.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
I will also add that the illumination helps if you have a hard time seeing the reticle at low magnification on the tenmile. Choice of red or green depending on the background colors in your hunting area.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
It has very tasteful illumination colors and brightness settings. The whole tree lighting up is distasteful for me.

Nightforce's illumination does seem far more crisp