Why shouldn’t I get the Trijicon TenMile?

if anybody isn't using the tenebrex scope covers that comes with the 50mm obj and would sell it please lmk my buddy lost mine as it popped off when i loaned him my rifle couple weeks ago. I have just enough clearance for the tenebrex, rubber ones wont work thx
Still looking

ChrisAU

WKR
Still looking

You can buy them from Tenebraex if you really want it; search around the web using their part number, may be cheaper elsewhere but won’t necessarily say it’s for a Credo on other websites.

manitou1

WKR
For me, one reason would be 18 power in a hunting scope. I’ve killed big game animals over 1,000 yards and small game animals more than twice that. Never needed more than 14 power for any of them.
So let's not buy a quality, durable scope because it has 4x power more than what you hunt with? pfft...

rrbailey

FNG
Pretty set on the trijicon tenmile 3x18x44. I want to hear why I shouldn’t get this. This is what I want for a scope:
-FFP
-More than 16 power and less than 22
-lighter weight
-less than 1500$
-30mm tube
-good class and reticle
-MOA

I have seen the drop test and it has preformed good so far. Seems like you are getting a good scope for the value. Would love to hear any other suggestions in these parameters(I am open to others but I think these would suit me best)Thanks!
Did you end up going with this Tenmile model? If so, what have been your impressions so far? I’m interested in picking one up myself.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Did you end up going with this Tenmile model? If so, what have been your impressions so far? I’m interested in picking one up myself.
Yes I did end up getting one. I like it a lot. Everything about it works great for me. I also got the maven rs1.2 to compare the two and I still like the tenmile better. If the tenmile had the maven reticle it would be the perfect scope and I would buy a bunch of them. I did end up changing all my scopes the mils instead of moa which I was also really happy with. Mils takes a little to get use to but in the end I think it works better.

rrbailey

FNG
Yes I did end up getting one. I like it a lot. Everything about it works great for me. I also got the maven rs1.2 to compare the two and I still like the tenmile better. If the tenmile had the maven reticle it would be the perfect scope and I would buy a bunch of them. I did end up changing all my scopes the mils instead of moa which I was also really happy with. Mils takes a little to get use to but in the end I think it works better.
Length hasn’t been bothersome? They sure do seem to stretch out, especially with the sunshade.

Length hasn’t been bothersome? They sure do seem to stretch out, especially with the sunshade.
I hunt with 15" scopes + 3" sun shades and I'm never bothered by it. I'm sure if I was busting through brush in Alaska hunting moose I'd notice but aside from that I don't see much of an issue.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
That was my only thought of an issue before I bought it, but I don’t mind it at all. I have a 18inch barrel with the scope and it doesn’t look as bad as I thought. I don’t run a sun shade though IMG_4458.jpeg

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm a bang-for-buck shopper, and the Tenmile is well worth the pricetag of ~$1k that its at right now.

Yes it's long, but I'll take a long 25oz scope over a compact 30oz any day.

Reticle blows, but I get past it

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes I did end up getting one. I like it a lot. Everything about it works great for me. I also got the maven rs1.2 to compare the two and I still like the tenmile better.
Curious on a detailed comparison between these two scopes. I have never handled a Maven, but the user's here are very excited about them.

You're the first I recall that mentions liking the tenmile better.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Curious on a detailed comparison between these two scopes. I have never handled a Maven, but the user's here are very excited about them.

You're the first I recall that mentions liking the tenmile better.
Yeah I’d love to see an in-depth detailed comparison between the 2. I like everything about the tenmile more besides the reticle. So all the features out way that for me. If I hunted in a more dense covered area I would choose the maven because it is so much easier to see in that terrain and with less light.

RC51kid

FNG
I've had that Tenmile 3-18x44 scope. Great one if you're set on those features. I switched it out for a Credo just because I liked the smaller size and I really didn't need FFP.
How did you feel the glass compaired between the two?