Why PayPal for Hunting Companies?

carter33

WKR
Recently I have purchased from a few companies that market to hunters that use PayPal as either a primary or optional way to pay. I’m curious as to why these companies would choose to do so given PayPals stance. I understand business is business so I really don’t hold it against anyone but, with good reason, I believe my account was locked from selling brass here on this site. I tried to call and get a straight answer but that was a huge pain to actually get an actual person on the phone.

Link to PayPals policy is below, section “J” is what I am referencing and is pretty broad:

OP
carter33

carter33

WKR
(j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

OP
carter33

carter33

WKR
PP is anti gun, not necessarily anti hunting. People confuse the two. There are plenty of hunters that believe in gun control, even on this site.
Perhaps you have a point here, I struggle to wrap my head around it though. Many hunting items could be considered “firearm” accessories. You can use a pack, tripod or any number of items as a rest to shoot from.

Also I can’t help but think anti gun is first but once that is achieved hunting will be the next on the chopping block. At this point it’s hard not to feel that a whole lifestyle is under attack as opposed to a specific aspect of that lifestyle.

If PayPal is the only method I won’t buy. That being said, it comes down to money and convenience. Two of the things that people will give up their freedom and safety for too. I have seen where pp lock accounts and freeze funds for shooting related items not on their list of what they believe you should be able to buy. Their response was we know it’s not on the list but we don’t like it. As far as people that agree with their stance on shooting related items, no one should only be conserved with only their rights. They learned in Germany and many places in the world that if you don’t stand for the rights of others when they come for yours there will be no one to fight for yours. Something that the people in our country are going to find out the hard way.

TN2shot07

WKR
Most of the time the payment methods are customer driven, they want to accept what customers want to use. That’s why you see affirm and afterpay offered all over the place now.

I think we all agree that PayPal sucks. I’m not aware of many credit card companies that are exactly 2A either and most people aren’t wanting to boycott those…

PP froze our account and confiscated our money "because they didn't like the business we are in". Even though we were not in violation of their rules. Took us a year to get our money back plus lawyer fees. Every freedom loving American should close their PP account.

There’s a lot of hunting companies that bash social media, PayPal. Bring up politics, etc. Yet, they always end it with “if I didn’t have a business I wouldn’t use it”. When it comes down to it, money over beliefs.

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
If PayPal is the only method I won’t buy. That being said, it comes down to money and convenience. Two of the things that people will give up their freedom and safety for too. I have seen where pp lock accounts and freeze funds for shooting related items not on their list of what they believe you should be able to buy. Their response was we know it’s not on the list but we don’t like it. As far as people that agree with their stance on shooting related items, no one should only be conserved with only their rights. They learned in Germany and many places in the world that if you don’t stand for the rights of others when they come for yours there will be no one to fight for yours. Something that the people in our country are going to find out the hard way.
It is not even an option for me, They will reject your transaction and lock your account if its for a gun related item.

OP
carter33

carter33

WKR
Most of the time the payment methods are customer driven, they want to accept what customers want to use. That’s why you see affirm and afterpay offered all over the place now.

I think we all agree that PayPal sucks. I’m not aware of many credit card companies that are exactly 2A either and most people aren’t wanting to boycott those…
True, but PayPal goes a bit further than any credit card company I’m aware of. They certainly don’t freeze your account for purchasing a firearm. Unfortunately their aren’t any credit card companies I’m aware of that are outspoken in favor of the second amendment as you said, if their was I would probably be a customer even if the benefits weren’t as great as others.

I haven’t ready the AUP of many other payment forms such as the ones you mentioned but “shop” pay doesn’t seem to care wether you purchase firearms accessories and they honestly make the purchasing experience pretty streamlined.

TN2shot07

WKR
True, but PayPal goes a bit further than any credit card company I’m aware of. They certainly don’t freeze your account for purchasing a firearm. Unfortunately their aren’t any credit card companies I’m aware of that are outspoken in favor of the second amendment as you said, if their was I would probably be a customer even if the benefits weren’t as great as others.

I haven’t ready the AUP of many other payment forms such as the ones you mentioned but “shop” pay doesn’t seem to care wether you purchase firearms accessories and they honestly make the purchasing experience pretty streamlined.
Best way to purchase firearms, uncle ben doesn’t mind at allIMG_9242.gif