Why no compact nightforce FFP?

Macintosh

WKR
Fair enough, I cant say as I have zero experience in optics. Just relaying my experience from the exact same internal decision-making process at a couple other companies that design and manufacture for a similarly niche market. My entire job was literally to do the market and sales analysis and use that info to drive a data-driven assortment planning process. Most Design, Development & Marketing companies have a "product line manager" or "category manager" position whose responsibility is exactly that, although I guess its in question how exactly they execute on it.

Is the consensus that the SWFA 3-9x42 is the best scope in FFP, mil and for the weight being NF doesnt make a scope like this and if weight isnt as big of a concern the 3-15x42

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is the consensus that the SWFA 3-9x42 is the best scope in FFP, mil and for the weight being NF doesnt make a scope like this and if weight isnt as big of a concern the 3-15x42
If weight isn't a big concern there are other options. I like my LRTS more than my 3-9SWFA aside from the weight, it weighs similar to the 3-15SWFA so if I was cool with 24ish oz a used LRTS would appeal to me more.

If 24-28oz is acceptable you have more offerings from NF, trijicon, that new maven, etc.

SouthPaw

WKR
Everyone will have their own opinion, but if you prioritize durability, bold FFP mil reticle, weight, and cost, nothing touches the SWFA 3-9. Notice I didn't mention availability...