Why do rifle hunters use Camouflage ? The few times I’ve used a rifle I never wore camo of any kind.. seems silly.

cause guys from West Virginia like men in g strings..
Dude, that’s awesome!!!! Totally awesome!!!! 😀

However unbeknownst by the western flatbrimners, there’s a lot of hunting that takes place in thicker areas. Where it takes a little bit of skill to kill something. And confidence in your setup.

Confidence to not rush getting drawn, getting a shot, etc… before the animal sees you. It’s everything when you gotta be close. Rifle or bow.

If camp helps someone be confident then that alone should answer your question.

FWIW, come on out. It sounds like you know what you want. Eitherway, you’ll fit right in.

I don't worry myself about what others wear. Let alone criticize it or call it silly.
That said , I could get by without it. But the type clothes I prefer and that work for my purposes and region come in camo.

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
In South Carolina, hunting attire at beginning of deer season is often boxer drawers, crocks and 2 thermacells. Gotta watch for rattlesnakes and copperheads though.
Funny that half the hunters are wearing crocks and other half have on almost knee high heavy snake boots.
All in camo of course!

wytx

WKR
When I lived up north, we usually hunted in the snow the full season. Wore and I think still have the wool pants & jackets & hat. Would hang em by the stove to dry overnight, dry in morning.

I'm too old to spend $1,000 on an outfit to hunt in. Maybe if was 20-30 years younger and could get some miles out of it. But my remaining seasons in the cold are numbered, so no real need.
I hear ya man.
Bought my better stuff years back and the bets part is it has lasted all these years. One time purchase.

Reason why I wear camo rifle hunting, we hunt mostly open country, for elk, deer and antelope.
Their eyesight is so much better that any advantage sneaking in that country is helpful.

Lots of folks know how to spot mule deer, look for their white butts .Well, what do you think those mule deer cans see when your in blue jeans, that blue color sticking out in their environment like a sore thumb, same for elk and especially pronghorn.
Game animals that are hunted hard can spot trouble from a mile away, literally. Camo can help.

Around here folks wear their camo all the time too, jackets all winter and camo shirts are very common all year long.