Why do rifle hunters use Camouflage ? The few times I’ve used a rifle I never wore camo of any kind.. seems silly.

49ereric

WKR
@here in the woods I can see people wearing blue jeans easier than I see camo but I usually hear them or spot their movement cuz most people move to fast.
Camo works if you keep body movement to a minimum.
Ducks spot movement easily.

SonnyDay

WKR
It makes the blaze orange stand out even more... so definitely a safety thing.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Does anyone know of a good hunter, that spends a ton of time in the mountains and constantly kills mature animals, that cares about what other people wear?
You have killed some slammer bucks with a rifle and camo none the less…. I don’t get the vibe that you shop at bass pro a lot though…

manitou1

WKR
I don’t understand the fully camo rifle guys… especially the ones shooting over 200 yards.. makes no sense .. but Bass Pro says it looks cool so there you go..
Because I buy hunting clothes and boots to hunt in and save my good clothes for non-hunting life... shopping, church, every day wear.
Might as well use them. especially considering the cost and functionality: Rain gear, cold weather, cool weather, heat dissipation.

Are we supposed to purchase separate clothing for rifle hunting vs bow hunting?

manitou1

WKR
The reason most folks wear camo is cause camo clothes are cheap and easy and sold as "hunting clothes". Any other supposition is feeding into the marketing propaganda.

There is no real advantage to wearing camo, especially rifle hunting when you need to wear an article or 500-inches of blaze orange or pink.

Wear an earth tone and slay critters. Movement is what causes problems for people. You don't move or skylight yerself and the animal doesn't see you.
You obviously don't own any Kuiu, Sitka, or First Lite hunt clothes if you assume it is cheaper than standard attire.

Higher end hunting clothes are designed after mountaineering and/or high end mountain/recreational clothing.
The insulations, the synthetics, and the wicking properties are what keep you alive in weather extremes out West.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppleJack