Why do rifle hunters use Camouflage ? The few times I’ve used a rifle I never wore camo of any kind.. seems silly.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
The only time I wear camo is when I hunt turkey. Otherwise I wear whatever comes off the hangers first. I will sometimes wear it just to make it look good.

KenLee

WKR
I don’t understand the fully camo rifle guys… especially the ones shooting over 200 yards.. makes no sense .. but Bass Pro says it looks cool so there you go..
Usually camo long sleeve clothes w pockets are cheaper in clearance than purty colors. Gotta have pockets.

OP
ShackNasty Jim
Usually camo long sleeve clothes w pockets are cheaper in clearance than purty colors. Gotta have pockets.
i love that on this site your response about clothing has a clothing add attached to it .. hahaha. always selling they are.. but pockets, i like tshirts with a pocket but nowadays stuff gets made with too many pockets… another topic. pockets have pockets

OP
ShackNasty Jim
You think game animals can not see past bow range?
in all honesty, bow hunting done correctly, you don’t need camo either.. most the time you just need stuff to break up your profile, or sneak and stalk super well..turkey is probably the one i would say keep the camo. Most the time for me, the less i think about it, the more successful i am. it’s weird.

OP
ShackNasty Jim
The clothing that fits my hunting style, athletic fit, lightweight, multiple layer options, and breathable/waterproof, come in camo patterns. So why not wear a camo pattern, it cannot hurt anything. My hunting clothing is not my everyday wear. It sits in Rubbermaid bins during the off-season. Last me 10+ years typically.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
that’s a good point, the good stuff that’s quiet, breaths well, is lightweight or layered is usually camo.. but if some dude is road hunting, it’s probably better to dress like a local power company employee cause the animals see them all the time..

Big game Rifle in Colorado You have to have orange on Outside of that I like camo for other people not seeing me

grfox92

WKR
Last year during November we were hunting cow elk. Rifle.

We spotted a heard of about 300 elk a mile away. We dropped down completely out of they're sight, and put the wind in our favor. We snuck to the top of the adjacent ridge.

Knowing we would be sky lined, I got down on my hands and knees with my binos in my hands and very slowly climbed to the top of the ridge.

When I crested the hill, only my head and binos slowly emerged emerged to the top of the ridge while I supported myself on my elbows looking through my binos.

Within 5 seconds more than a dozen cows were locked on us and stood up from bedded. Within 10 minutes they spooked the whole heard out of their beds and all 300+ elk filed over the adjacent ridge and out of our lives.

They were 680 yards away. So yea. I'm pretty sure camouflage is still relevant when rifle hunting.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Will_m

WKR
I use camo not for the game but to sit a watch other hunters. There have been many times I have been tucked in next to a scrub bush and not move and had other people walk 5 or 6' away from me and never know I am in the same part of the world as them. One time I was looking for my SIL on an open hillside and walked past him twice before I noticed him.
That’s not creepy at all….

KenLee

WKR
i love that on this site your response about clothing has a clothing add attached to it .. hahaha. always selling they are.. but pockets, i like tshirts with a pocket but nowadays stuff gets made with too many pockets… another topic. pockets have pockets
Yep pockets have multiplied, especially on "fishing" shirts. Takes "check the pockets" to a new level at laundry time.
The thin "fishing" hoodies with zero pockets drive me crazy though.

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
I have an obsessive personality. What is the purpose of not wearing camo? I wear camo to attempt to control every damn variable I can, even if the advantage is slim. I like to think in extremes. Would you wear a white t-shirt and sweats on a dry fall day rifle hunting?

KenLee

WKR
I have an obsessive personality. What is the purpose of not wearing camo? I wear camo to attempt to control every damn variable I can, even if the advantage is slim. I like to think in extremes. Would you wear a white t-shirt and sweats on a dry fall day rifle hunting?
In South Carolina, hunting attire at beginning of deer season is often boxer drawers, crocks and 2 thermacells. Gotta watch for rattlesnakes and copperheads though.
Funny that half the hunters are wearing crocks and other half have on almost knee high heavy snake boots.