Whose purchased a Virginia Elk lottery?

Fry

FNG
Just curious. I painfully decided not to as i know I would not realistically be able to travel and stay in the southern west tip of Virginia as I have young kids. But man thatd be a cool experience.

I donated my 20...knowing there's only 1 tag for non residents

There's one BS part of it I wish they'd change though...
"There is no limit to the number of assistants an elk hunter may take into the field, but only the special elk hunting license holder is allowed to hunt."

OP
Fry

Fry

FNG
I donated my 20...knowing there's only 1 tag for non residents

There's one BS part of it I wish they'd change though...
"There is no limit to the number of assistants an elk hunter may take into the field, but only the special elk hunting license holder is allowed to hunt."

I missed that. So you could have a bus come with you? Hopefully the YouTubers dont draw a tag. The whole studio may show up…

davsco

WKR
i tried twice now and got errors both times. guess i'll have to call that number.

rokclmb

FNG
My brother applied for the hunt. I plan to be his "assistant" should he be fortunate enough to draw a tag. Would be a fun hunt and great experience!

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I put in for a resident tag, and a couple of my friends have put in for it as well.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I put my name in yesterday. $15 is cheap and the website said a resident tag is only $40. Sure is a heck of a lot less than my NR CO tag each year.

Ya'll do know you can kill an elk in VA with a whitetail tag if it's outside the designated elk zones.

River1313

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll probably jump in. Would be nice to be able to hunt elk on the east coast but I think part of the excitement for me is going out west.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
Ya'll do know you can kill an elk in VA with a whitetail tag if it's outside the designated elk zones.

I wish they would change this law. I have a farm in an adjoining county to where the elk are located and there are no laws protecting the elk should they move out of the three county area. There are elk about 50 miles from our place and it would be awesome to see an elk one day on my land. But, with the current laws, I doubt that will ever be possible as the surrounding counties are worried to death that elk will destroy their crops and tear down their fences.

fatlander

WKR

It’s an absolute accident if someone manages to make this happen. I think there’s only been one killed in the past 12 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk