White flags

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering if anyone uses a white flag to draw caribou in. A white hanky is perfect. It imitates a rear end of a caribou.
Being curious animals it's not unusual for them to move closer to take a look. I was with my bil and he harvested a small boo but the only one in sight at leaving time. Some meat or none. At the crack of his shot several boo approached from nowhere. And had one standing on his rear legs to watch us a hundred yards away,
For what it's worth department. I've got an Eskimo brother that says that the one with the tails riding high on the back have more fat on them. It sounds logical to me. I like antlers but have a family to feed thing

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've stumbled across several prehistoric sites along the Bering Land Bridge to the northwest coastal region where land users modified and erected stone monoliths in open tundra along strategic caribou migration paths. Early historic natives say they learned this from their ancestors, whereby they'd "dress" these stones to make the caribou think they were people, thereby encouraging the bands of caribou to travel toward an ambush site nearby, usually a vertical stone wall of stones used as blinds for the spears and archers.

I can see white flags working well but i question whether you actually need them to bring in meat bulls. They are naturally less suspicious and easily approached in almost all situations.