Which one are you choosing, NL Pure 14x52 or 10x52?

Q child

WKR
I will buy a pair. Not immediately, but soon enough. I've been waiting for all of the alpha brands to update their 50s for a long time. It is silly that they didn't make 12s.
I'd probably do the 10s if I had to choose today. I've never loved a pair of 10s, so I'd give these a shot. And in general I’m a big-objective, low-mag kinda guy. I do love my SLC 15s though, so the 14s are a little unnecessary in my collection.
Either way, I'm sure they're gonna be great. I may change my mind tomorrow.

Hoff

FNG
I like my EL 10x50’s on a tripod but I really struggle to handhold those due to image shake. Can’t sell them though because on the tripod they are great.

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I have placed an order and hope to pickup tomorrow the 10x52s. I was going to pull the trigger on the el 8.5x42 and heard rumors of a 10x50 nl. I want the light gathering, ergos of nl, tripod of 10x52s and I think hand holding the headrest with these will be awesome combo. I have 15x56 and STC that I use mostly. This will be good addition to optic system and replace my leica.
Great choice! Let us know what you think of the 10x52s, the hand holding of them is something I’m really happy with. Congratulations on your purchase, that’s an exciting upgrade!

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I like my EL 10x50’s on a tripod but I really struggle to handhold those due to image shake. Can’t sell them though because on the tripod they are great.
I think you’ll be really happy with the 10x52 NLs for hand holding, and if you pair it with a forehead rest (don’t knock it until you try it!) I think you’ll be really happy!

Forehead Rest

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I will buy a pair. Not immediately, but soon enough. I've been waiting for all of the alpha brands to update their 50s for a long time. It is silly that they didn't make 12s.
I'd probably do the 10s if I had to choose today. I've never loved a pair of 10s, so I'd give these a shot. And in general I’m a big-objective, low-mag kinda guy. I do love my SLC 15s though, so the 14s are a little unnecessary in my collection.
Either way, I'm sure they're gonna be great. I may change my mind tomorrow.
I think the 10x52s are incredible. In fact, the 14x52s have received more attention, but I believe the 10x52s are the best “if you could only have one” binocular on the market.

The 14x52s are technically a 14.7 so if you are interested you could also look into trading the SLC 15s in for the 14x52s. Having spent some time behind them outside, they truly are impressive.

We do have a Trade In Program at Outdoorsmans that allows you to apply older optics as a credit towards new ones, so if you ever have questions let us know, we’re happy to help!

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Of course I just bought some 10x42 NL Pures in March and haven't even taken them out of the safe yet. Dang it. Thinking about selling them to give the 10x52s a go
I would definitely recommend giving the 10x52s a hard look! We do have a Trade In Program that you can look into if you’d like.

Trade In Program

Either way any NL Pure is a fantastic binocular!

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Outdoorsmans “New Style” studs for the NL Pure 10x52 and 14x52 have been shipping out!

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0827.jpeg
    IMG_0827.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 22

Yaremkiv

FNG
With the 10x52 only adding MAYBE 15 minutes of glassing time over the 10×42, the size and weight penalty isnt worth it...although I may change my mind once I try them out. That 14x52 is interesting but what I would really love is an 18x60 on a tripod for when the spotting scope isnt quite needed.

Last edited:
OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
If u want a guy to "test" them I can shoot you my address. (10x52)
@Outdoorsmans Team Member
🤣

On a serious note, these look insane but wow. That's a solid down payment on a house.
About a tenth of my income in a year.lol
Haha Swarovski tester would be a pretty sweet gig!

They’re certainly pricey and that’s no secret, but honestly if you’re spending a lot of time glassing or scouting they are truly worth it. They make all those hours being the glass much more enjoyable!

OP
Outdoorsmans Team Member

Outdoorsmans Team Member

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
With the 10x52 only adding MAYBE 15 minutes of glassing time over the 10×42, the size and weight penalty isnt worth it...although I may change my mind once I try them out. That 14x52 is interesting but what I would really love is an 18x60 on a tripod for when the spotting scope isnt quite needed.
Honestly, I think you’ll be very pleased and surprised with the 10x52 and 14x52! I personally was skeptical until I was able to spend some time behind both of them and see for myself.

If you already have the NL Pure 10x42s is it worth the upgrade to the 10x52s? Possibly (a lot of variables there), but you’d also be in great hands with the 10x42s!