which Kimber?

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
The 7mm-08 may be the best of the 6.5 CM and 308. Not too s small, not too big, The only downside to picking it - factory ammo can be hard to find. If you get one, make sure you have enough ammo for this season.

Although they had no 7mm-08 ammo on Saturday,, my local Cabelas had loads of choices for 6.5CM, 308, 270, 7mm REM Mag, and 30-06.

There are some mountain ascents and adorondacks herehttps://kimberfirearmsusa.com/mountain-ascent/ I was able to put 270's in my cart.

and Gunbroker..
I would be pretty careful with that site. Zelle and crypto as payment???

OP
M

mac53

FNG
Classified Approved
Nice looking rifle.
I contacted Kimber and they told me they still build the rifles I was interested in and that I needed to contact my local dealer, so I did.
They told him that they would start building them soon and didn't have any to ship.
He is a Kimber Master Dealer
So I pretty much give up looking for one, hopefully next year they will actually start producing them again.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nice looking rifle.
I contacted Kimber and they told me they still build the rifles I was interested in and that I needed to contact my local dealer, so I did.
They told him that they would start building them soon and didn't have any to ship.
So I pretty much give up looking for one, hopefully next year they will actually start producing them again.
I was told similar, that they should be showing up some time in the. It too distant future but not at the same prices they were at before.

CRJR45

WKR
Nice looking rifle.
I just bought a Hunter Pro Desolve Blak .280AI , from Reeds . I found it on Gunbroker , but ordered it from them directly , saves a little money . NIB , $899
Alice told me the Blak comes with a removable brakes and a thread protector .
Just thought I'd share that , they have 9 more . Not sure what caliber you're looking for .

h2so4

WKR
Could you confirm the threads when you get it? Thanks!

I just bought a Hunter Pro Desolve Blak .280AI , from Reeds . I found it on Gunbroker , but ordered it from them directly , saves a little money . NIB , $899
Alice told me the Blak comes with a removable brakes and a thread protector .
Just thought I'd share that , they have 9 more . Not sure what caliber you're looking for .

I am getting ready to buy my first true expensive rifle to Mule Deere, Elk, Whitetail, and Antelope with. Hunting ranges would vary from 50yards to 400 yards.
I have settled on Kimber rifles for this {I have a Montana that I like that is why Kimber}

I am having trouble figuring out which rifle I want though. I have been thinking about the Adirondack in 308 or the Mountain Ascent in 308 or 30-06

There is none around here that I can look at they have to be ordered.

By the time I add a muzzle brake to the Adirondack there is 200.00 difference in price, so I am thinking to just go with the Ascent.

So, what say you if you own one of these would you buy the same one or go a different route?

What do you like and dislike?
tyia

I own several Montana’s, an Adirondack in .308, and a Mountain Ascent in .270. I absolutely love my Kimber rifles although both the MA and Adirondack are probably my favorites. The SA Adirondack is the lightest rifle in my quiver and is definitely one of my favorites overall, but I’m also a big fan of the .270 caliber, so it’s kind of a toss up for me. I would say that if you can find either one of those models, in any of your preferred calibers, buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTtrout

WKR
Have only held them, but man that Adirondack in a .308 would be a sweet gun. Hopefully, production time doesn’t take too long an you can get your hands on one.

schmalzy

WKR
Have a 30-06 Montana that I’m extremely happy with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CRJR45

WKR
OK , since I ordered mine , (it was shipped yesterday) I getting all kinds of stories about Kimber rifles not being as accurate as advertised . Anybody get any bad real life experiences ?

z987k

WKR
For anyone that wants an Adirondack, from what I've put together the action and barrel on the hunter models and the Montana models(to include the MA, AD) are the same. The difference is the stock.

Save yourself the wait, get a hunter in the cheapest plastic they sell, and put an actual lightweight(under 20oz) stock on it. Cut and/or thread the barrel if needed.

There's a few threads on here on making these light, and if you go the aftermarket stock route you end up with a lighter gun than the AD/MA for the same or less money.

For anyone that wants an Adirondack, from what I've put together the action and barrel on the hunter models and the Montana models(to include the MA, AD) are the same. The difference is the stock.

Save yourself the wait, get a hunter in the cheapest plastic they sell, and put an actual lightweight(under 20oz) stock on it. Cut and/or thread the barrel if needed.

There's a few threads on here on making these light, and if you go the aftermarket stock route you end up with a lighter gun than the AD/MA for the same or less money.
Z987k

Would you mind listing/linking your sources for these stocks. I have a Classic Select that I'd like to hunt, but don't want to ding the walnut. This way, I could trade them in and out, and save weight at the same time. Thanks.

OMB

WKR
OK , since I ordered mine , (it was shipped yesterday) I getting all kinds of stories about Kimber rifles not being as accurate as advertised . Anybody get any bad real life experiences ?
I think 90% of the Kimber horror stories are operator error (guys that struggle to shoot light guns) or people trying to justify why they spent the amount of money upgrading their heavier Tikka Superlights to try to meet the same spec.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My Montana 308 is a rack driver, 165g accubonds and 150g TTSX shoot great out of it. It’s goi g to have its barrel shortened so I can better use my supressor.

My mountain ascent 300win mag is a sweet gun also, shoulders very well and shoots 200g partition had loads lights out. It’s not as sleek and light as other kimbers so for that reason I do t mind throwing a heavier scope on it.