Which E rated tire?

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
@Fatcamp did your tire shop have any trouble getting you a set of tires? I'm debating right now whether or not to purchase a new set (that I don't immediately need) in a preventative measure against the developing shortage.
Thanks.
I had to put new tires on my Cummins as the duracraps were trashed at 31k, I wanted to go back to Toyo MT's or try the RT's, the guy at Discount tires told me that he didn't have any in stock and would not be able to get me a set for awhile as they are on national back order. So he suggested the Nitto ridge grapplers, so he ordered them and I had them installed two weeks ago and so far I'm liking them, way quieter than the duracraps, and I've had them in both rain and snow already and I had no problem, this weekend I'll find out how they do in the mud when I go bear hunting, but I have a pretty idea they will be good. As for towing the camper with them, I'll find out here in about two weeks when we go camping.

I’ve been running Coopers for years doing heavy towing and desert off-roading. With my new truck, I went with a larger tire size and am not getting the same wear. Still a good tire, but I might change brand on next set when I go from 35” to 37”.

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Cooper ST Maxx. I run them on some pretty demanding off road on my 2013 Tundra. They are pretty quiet on the highway and do great offroad. The Kevlar sidewalls have saved me a couple of times. They are almost indestructible. I would have torn through a couple of sidewalls over the last few years of running them. They don't wear as long as I would like, but I'm willing to give up a little tread life for a dependable tire.

Extrapale

WKR
Another vote for the Cooper ST Maxx. I run them on some pretty demanding off road on my 2013 Tundra. They are pretty quiet on the highway and do great offroad. The Kevlar sidewalls have saved me a couple of times. They are almost indestructible. I would have torn through a couple of sidewalls over the last few years of running them. They don't wear as long as I would like, but I'm willing to give up a little tread life for a dependable tire.
Another vote here for ST Maxx.

2017 Power Wagon. I have about 35k on them. Still plenty of life left in them. Very durable in the desert. No Flats and no big chunks ripped out of the tread either.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
So going with the factory size tires turned out to be a blessing. The 2017 F250 sits really high. Higher than my 2001 for sure, and higher than my fifth wheel camper likes/needs.

As it sits, I'm pretty sure if I lower my trailer springs to the lowest spot and run 225 tires it should be ok. If I had another 1.5" to make up I'm pretty sure I would be looking at flipping my axles, which I do not want to do.

Fifth wheel hitch install went smooth. Put a low profile tool box in it. Need to pull the tailgate and sell it to finance a louvered fifth wheel gate and license plate camera. Pretty sure I'm gonna put an Eaton Trutrac in the front. It already has a factory locker in the rear.

Glad I got on this when I did as my old truck lost oil pressure and seized up making a short run to the lake. I knew it was suffering but had no idea it was that critical. Heavy truck shortages are a real thing and only getting worse it seems.

Almost ready to hitch up the camper and boat and run to the lake!