Where would you hunt scenario - Opinions Needed

Howdy y’all,

Back again for some more advice. Scenario:

Was deer hunting 2nd rifle off a trail leading to some wilderness around 9.5k feet elevation after the big snow storm in Colorado. Saw 3 bulls bedded just off the trail down into an Aspen drainage and they slowly wandered off (didn’t seem very spooked by my presence). I came back 5 days later to see if they were still in the area and they were not there anymore and found their tracks in the snow heading up the drainage (due to pressure or weather idk). I have a 3rd rifle elk tag that is good for this spot.

Would y’all continue to hunt this area or move on to another spot for opening day thats about 3 hours further west? The other spot I would have decent confidence in but it’s part of the winter kill area and idk what it’s going to look like elk wise. Do y’all think those bulls will come back to that drainage in the aspen or did I just get lucky seeing them that one time due to the storm?

Really conflicted on where I need to be for opening morning. Any opinions would be great.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If you are no longer seeing any sign or hearing the bulls bugle, it's time to relocate. If you have a burn area I would give that a try, they seem to like areas like that. My friend went to Idaho on an elk hunt. When they got back they told me they never heard or saw any elk for five days. I asked how many areas they tried, they told me they never left the area they camped in. I told them their tactic sucked.

OP
Fever Buck
If you are no longer seeing any sign or hearing the bulls bugle, it's time to relocate. If you have a burn area I would give that a try, they seem to like areas like that. My friend went to Idaho on an elk hunt. When they got back they told me they never heard or saw any elk for five days. I asked how many areas they tried, they told me they never left the area they camped in. I told them their tactic sucked.
Thanks. Thought about driving over there one last time to see but maybe I just need to boogy on over to the other spot.