Where do you keep your Zoleo?

Loper

WKR
For those of you that have a Zoleo, where do you keep it when you are hunting or hiking? If I recall, when I read the instructions it says to have it exposed rather than in your pack for best use. However, i haven’t found a good way to do that. It has a carabiner, but I don’t like things dangling from my pack or bino harness.

Have any you found a great way to carry it either on your pack or bino harness?

young7.3

WKR
Strap it on the outside of the pack, but in a way so you can fasten it down with a compression strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dangle it off the outside of my Cotapaxi backpack on a diamond tennis bracelet so all the Portland hipsters hiking on Mt Hood know I’m legit.

Just kidding. It stays in a small dry bag in the bottom of my pack until I kill something or break my femur.

Last edited:
OP
L

Loper

WKR
Pouch on my chest rig. Left side.
Which pouch do you use? Is there a company that makes a pouch specifically for the Zoleo or are you just using a generic pouch that is roughly the same size?

Strap it on the outside of the pack, but in a way so you can fasten it down with a compression strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a picture of what this looks like?

OP
L

Loper

WKR
It seems that a lot of you don’t have any issues with communication when stashingit inside you pack. That doesn’t sound like a bad way to go as the lights and sounds from the device likely aren’t seen or heard.

Fatcamp

WKR
Which pouch do you use? Is there a company that makes a pouch specifically for the Zoleo or are you just using a generic pouch that is roughly the same size?

Do you have a picture of what this looks like?

Marsupial. Not sure what they call it but fit is perfect. Rangefinder on the right, Zoleo on the left.

I don't see any reason to leave my emergency device inside my pack, seeing as I leave that boat anchor behind all the time. I only carry it because my wife makes me.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Marsupial. Not sure what they call it but fit is perfect. Rangefinder on the right, Zoleo on the left.

I don't see any reason to leave my emergency device inside my pack, seeing as I leave that boat anchor behind all the time. I only carry it because my wife makes me.
I agree. I’d prefer to keep it on my bino harness in case I ever drop my pack or need quick access to it. Thanks for the suggestion on the Marsupial pouch. I’ll look it up

Swamp Fox

WKR
Lewis and Clark left theirs at the keelboat and checked it when they got back ...

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Keep mine in my hip belt pouch but rarely keep it on while moving. Only leave it on when actively texting - usually at camp and/or in tent.

I’m curious as to why you don’t keep it turned on while moving. Are you worried about the battery depleting as I think the battery is pretty good.

I’m curious as to why you don’t keep it turned on while moving. Are you worried about the battery depleting as I think the battery is pretty good.
Yeah - it’s a battery thing. Just don’t want it to run out of power if I really need it. I’ve also never had the need to keep tracking on for any of my navigation devices. Don’t know how long it would last in tracking mode. You could charge it with a power bank if need be.

There is also a part of me that doesn’t want my every movement to be tracked by a device, particularly in the backcountry. (I say as I write this on my iphone…)

Holski

FNG
Hook it on to the shoulder strap on my pack. Works great and accessible if I needed it in an emergency.

I typically keep mine inside the top lid of my Exo pack. Even with toilet paper above it, I don't see any performance issues.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Yeah - it’s a battery thing. Just don’t want it to run out of power if I really need it. I’ve also never had the need to keep tracking on for any of my navigation devices. Don’t know how long it would last in tracking mode. You could charge it with a power bank if need be.

There is also a part of me that doesn’t want my every movement to be tracked by a device, particularly in the backcountry. (I say as I write this on my iphone…)

Got it. Just as an FYI I don’t think it always tracks you unless you have that setting turned on and it records your location every 10 minutes or whatever the interval is.

None the less, I hear you on being tracked. I recently deleted a ton of apps off my phone that were gathering data on me and I always use a private browser.