What do you keep in your "STASH POCKET"

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to organize a new pack (EXO K4-3600) and I'm curious how you guys organize your stash pockets and what you keep handy. Here's what I've got currently - anyone doing it differently? No ego here - open to anything that would make life a little easier

#1 (pack-left side when pack is off) - First aid kit, tourniquet, meds (just like to keep all this separate for piece of mind)
#2 (pack-right side when pack is off) - Kill kit, dynema cordage, tags, tape, zip ties, knives
#3 (inside lid kit) Fire kit, lighter, electrical cables/charger, water treatment, spoon, spare battery for range finder

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Mine's like yours pretty much, except I keep kill hit in the bottom of the main pack compartment. If I kill something I'm setting up and redoing my whole pack anyways.

I keep eyedrops, chapstick, and some kind of snack handy.

Loper

WKR
I bought a couple stash pockets when I ordered my EXO. I think the first season I put items in each one, but after that I realized that most small items I either wanted in my pants pockets or my bino harness. For the remaining items I just put them in ziplock and stored them in my lid. With the ziplocks it is transparent, not translucent, and I can see exactly what is inside which I like.

OP
Warren

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a couple stash pockets when I ordered my EXO. I think the first season I put items in each one, but after that I realized that most small items I either wanted in my pants pockets or my bino harness. For the remaining items I just put them in ziplock and stored them in my lid. With the ziplocks it is transparent, not translucent, and I can see exactly what is inside which I like.
Yea I like the idea of the clear bag to see what's there - makes total sense. I've watched a few videos where guys are dumping kill kits in the bottom of that water bladder pocket. Like you said everything changes once something hits the ground.

#1 (pack-left side when pack is off) - First aid kit, tourniquet, meds (just like to keep all this separate for piece of mind)
Very similar setup here. I have one in same position but on right sight when pack is off with first aid kit.

I have one more in the water bladder compartment that I throw my keys and wallet in. Least likely location to fall out and I don't need regular access.

I could use another one, but I sometimes over organize my stuff to the point where I don't remember where everything is. E.g.: is ChapStick with toiletries or in first aid kit, or in the small inside pocket or in the additional stash pocket....?

fishslap

WKR
Crapper kit (pocket pack of tissues and individual wet wipes) is all I put in my stash pocket. I might put my keys in it. I keep my kill kit in a kifaru zippered pouch that I just toss in the bottom of the main bag. Same with my emergency kit (first aid and fire). If I’m packing camp, I’d move some stuff to the various pockets on the pack including by water kit. For day hunts I don’t pack that much stuff so I just use the main bag.

TheTone

WKR
I only have one stash pocket in mine. It’s got a couple knives in it and that’s all. My kill kit and first aid kit are in the bottom of the main pocket

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
#1- personal ditty bag- deodorant/t. paste/brush, meds, eyedrop etc

#2- kill kit- knife, cordage, gloves/wet wipes, sharpener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
I put all that stuff (but don’t carry a tourniquet) in one Kifaru pull-out except the spare RF batter which goes in a side pocket in my bino harness along with a spare headlamp.

My stash pockets are on the hip belt with a Seek Outside Revelotion frame. They usually have snacks, wool gloves, ammo and toiletries. After day 1 the pack always gets lighter. Just no reason. To carry half this stuff around

grfox92

WKR
I just got the 5000. I didn't order any stash pockets because I wanted to see how all my stuff fit in the pack to guage how many I might need.

I can tell you I more than likely won't be getting any. There are so many pockets in that bag and it's so well executed almost everything has its own home. I have some stuff sacks I might use to organize bigger things like kill kit, but other than that, and I could be wrong, it seems there is enough organization within the bag to keep my gear safe and organized.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
I use the zipper slide lock freezer bags in the past. Quart size. I pack a few extra at no weight penalty incase one breaks. Costs me about $3.50 a season.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk