When you find a game camera in public land

Rich M

WKR
I was wondering how long before the it is illegal call the po-po people would take. Im sure those guys only hunt with stick bows to provide the animal safety from technology like binoc, scopes, guns, etc.

Glad they are allowed around here. Fun to see what shows up.

Oh, A

Last edited:

EdP

WKR
I don't mess with other people's property. If I walk in front of it I will smile and wave. Usually when I find trail cams on public property it is because I have found deer sign that someone else has already found. That's definitely NOT going to stop me from hunting over that sign. If I happen to meet the owner I want him to know that I'm the guy that didn't mess with his camera.

i saw several wildlife services cameras over the weekend. walked by one following a deer.... it probably also got me getting busted by said deer and me walking back by it head hanging low

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Too funny, my son in law and I ran into one yesterday afternoon. That thing was hanging sideways on the tree, wide open; a bear had torn it up.

I considered closing it but I didn’t want to be accused to being the one who damaged it.

Don’t mess w other peoples stuff

Last edited:
A & B. I leave them alone but I also am going to walk by them if they are in line with the way I normally go. Figure it at least lets the owner know others hunt that area as well so maybe they will adjust knowing that.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Leave it alone. Even if it's months away from any open season, it could be that some agency is using it for wildlife research. Even checking an SD card can mess with trigger settings and metadata.

ognennyy

FNG
Question:
When you come across a game camera on public land - what do you do?

A - Leave it alone

B - Walk in front of it

C - Check the SD card

D - Take the SD card

E - Take the camera

I place some cams on public land. I’ve had people do ‘B’ - ‘C’ - ‘D’

I’ve done ‘A’ and ‘B’

Anyone?

F - Take a leak in front of it, leave it and move on

I leave them alone and try to avoid walking in front of them. I’ve had cameras up in WA and got hunters on them but never had anyone mess with them. Much appreciated.