When Is Your Elk Opener?

Planned for the 17th-30th OTC Colorado. Have 6 different spots lined out. If work allows I'll get in for a few days earlier.

Sept 11th-23rd for WA general archery. The week of the full moon 👌🏻 Hopefully they’re still somewhat active during the day!

Already harvested mine! Youth cow tag opened august 1st, very low density unit with low success, shot on day 5 of 5 month season! Solo except for the pack out thankfully, public land, and a Roosevelt to boot , good luck to all those those who start soon! I’m kinda sad to be done so soon, but beyond grateful for a super tender cow!
7f99a0dbc122c1cfb8aadd66e77b16b8.jpg

Last edited:
9/11 -26 archery wyoming

Oct 25 to Nov 9 elk/ mule deer CO

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Sep 2 I leave for elk camp. Then deer,, bear,, turkey,, wolf.. Will continue into January/February. Minus a few days here and there for family stuff.

Leaving home early in the am Friday August 27 for the Oregon opener. Between the drive and 2.5 hour hike to camp, I’m hoping to get a little glassing in after getting camp situated and check if there’s any other hunters around the area Friday evening. We will hunt Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning. Then hike back out

We will spend the weekend calling near bedding areas, trying to get a bull to sneak into our calls.

unit my son drew in opens for cows aug 15th. Ive checked in like 4 times cause I cant believe it. I am leaving this friday to go help him.

Leave Michigan morning of the 8th, arrive in Idaho the 9th after driving straight through. Start my mule deer season on the 10th till 13th, 14 the is for scouting then my hunt first ever elk hunt starts the 15th.

Back