When Is Your Elk Opener?

OKL

FNG
Whether Bow or Rifle Elk Hunt what is your start date, this includes driving time which is a big part of the big picture! (grin)

Mine starts Aug 30th in Idaho then I leave on Sept. 8th for an AZ elk hunt, both bow hunts.

ElkNut
Leave on scouting trip to NM unit 12 on Aug 27. Hunt starts Oct 9. Already losing sleep with the anxiety. Good luck to all this year

TodOz

FNG
I live in a small town called montrose, it's unfortunately 20 minutes northwest of flint.
I grew up in Montrose until I was in the 4th grade. Moved to Hemlock where I graduated HS. Ended up in Ohio after a stint in the Air Force. Small world.

Whip

WKR
Leaving home Sept 5, set camp in WY on the 6th if all goes according to plan.
Thru the end of the month if that's what it takes.

Usi05

WKR
Work will require me to be in Boise for week of archery opener and I will be done Friday around lunch time and hunt all Labor Day weekend before heading back to Michigan.

Then back to idaho 17-25!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Whether Bow or Rifle Elk Hunt what is your start date, this includes driving time which is a big part of the big picture! (grin)

Mine starts Aug 30th in Idaho then I leave on Sept. 8th for an AZ elk hunt, both bow hunts.

ElkNut
Hey Paul, what you going to do with that extra week in Idaho after you kill that big bull? :D

ElkNut
Wyoming archery in sept

NRMike

FNG
Leaving as soon as I get home from work on September 3rd for Colorado OTC
Same here, Ill be a few hours behind you leaving from Mi. Making up our meals and day snacks this weekend. 3 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours and counting..

Mine is Colorado Archery. I’ll be there on August 30th for a few days of scouting prior to opening day 9/2. Can’t wait.

Same here. But going from sea level to 10k ft will slow any scouting I have a couple days before season. Maybe I’ll only need to be out there the morning of Sept 2. I could technically win the lotto too. Prob same odds

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
87TT, We'll just have to wait & see!!! (grin)

All Elk hunts present their level of challenges! I look forward to this one!!

Good luck sir!

ElkNut/Paul

River_Rat

FNG
I will be up on the rim on September 8th and my season starts the 10th! Good luck to everybody!

Firehawk

WKR
My LE Elk rifle hunt starts on 9/11. Have scouted a few times and have some good bulls as potential targets. I will set camp on 9/10 but will likely be there on Labor Day weekend as well. Hunting 9/11-9/18 and then again 9/29-10/1 if needed. Can't wait!

ElkNut

I will be hunting North Idaho August 31st through the 5th; then back to work for a few days. Then Washington September 11th through the 15th. Then back to work for a few more days and I will finish out the last 10 days of elk Idaho season

I will be hunting mid Sept in Kentucky (tagging along with a buddy who drew an archery tag) then off to WY in early October with a cow tag both me and my daughter.