When is sitka going to put vents in their pants?

sr80

WKR
Anyone have any inside info as to if sitka will ever join the rest of the companies offering venting options??

It has to be an ego thing bc it makes no sense functionally. Not the biggest kuiu fan but I will continue to buy their pants bc hipzips>

WYCFM1

WKR
As soon as nobody will buy Sitka pants without vents…I’m wondering when someone else will build another waterproof fleece lined vented late season pant that’s affordable kinda like that one that rhymes with MKevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love the hip zips and haven’t really bought any hunting pants that weren’t kuiu in a while. at this point I own tiburons, attacks, pros and axis so I am covered from summer to snow. Fit and comfort just works better for me. I still wear my others but I find myself reaching for the kuiu stuff most often.

FWIW I tried the first lite foundry pants when they came out with hip zips and they just didn’t grab me. I think it was mainly because of other fit issues but I missed the mesh zip Liners on my kuiu pants Too.

slowelk

WKR
Sitka has chosen to die on this hill.

That said, why does it matter? There are at least a few companies that make good pants that have hip vents. Being brand loyal only hurts you, the consumer.

Kostrize

WKR
They have hip zip vents in the Equinox Guard pants. Which honestly makes the obstinacy that much stranger

twall13

WKR
If the Timberlines had hip zips I'd sell my Catalyst Foundary pants in a heartbeat for them. I just switched over this year and do a fair bit of hiking in the winter and I prefer a bunch of little details on the Timberlines, but the hip zip feature outweighs the other minor differences to me.

If the Timberlines had hip zips I'd sell my Catalyst Foundary pants in a heartbeat for them. I just switched over this year and do a fair bit of hiking in the winter and I prefer a bunch of little details on the Timberlines, but the hip zip feature outweighs the other minor differences to me.
Timberlines with kuiu hip vents would make my heart go pitter patter.

Levi8599

Lil-Rokslider
I was all Sitka at first and now I buy Kuiu pants for the zip vents. I buy shirts from both and jackets from Sitka.

Kuiu and SG pants always fit me better than Sitka pants. I probably wouldn't buy Sitka pants even if they had hip zips. Sitka kneepads are uncomfortable and awkward to me as well compared to Kuiu and SG.

Why would a guy need hip vents? Come on man.
If you have worn pants with vents, you would wonder why all hunting pants don’t have vents, they make a huge difference. Especially in the heat, but even when it’s not hot, you are climbing, heating up, open the vents, then you get to your glassing spot, close the vents and stay warmer because you aren’t wet with sweat.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw