When is it time to upgrade?

For what its worth, I just upgraded from a Hoyt Carbon Element RKT I bought new in 2013 to a Hoyt RX7. Overall I am happy with my decision to upgrade but a little disappointed in the speed. I was getting 258-260fps with a 476gr arrow setup at 28.5" draw and 65lbs. That same arrow, DL, and weight in the RX7 is also right at 260fps. Figured 10 years worth of evolution should have helped with speed but I was wrong. Dropped to a lighter setup and I am getting 271fps now out of the RX7 at 65lbs and 28.5" DL. The RX7 has less vibration in the hand and a slightly smoother draw cycle than the Carbon Element RKT but overall very similar in performance.

dan33

FNG
I had to upgrade unwillingly this year. Last week my cable started fraying all of a sudden. Was told it would be 2 weeks to get a new set of strings put on. Not ideal when deer season starts in 2.5. I snagged an elite exalt and I'm really digging it.

Pclaunch

FNG
I recently went from a vxr28 to fortis 33 with the ec2 cam. I needed a longer draw length. The bows are 3 years apart and performance wise, very similar. The fortis is much much more enjoyable to shoot though. You just have to go shoot some bows and see if June feels worth the cost to change.

The best time to upgrade is every November. Shiny new stuff is a force I’m unable to resist. Put a deposit today on a bow that hasn’t even dropped. I got just enough intel to know I want it in hand on launch day.

Luked

WKR
I was planning on upgrading also after this season.
But for a bit of a different reason and that was Dealer network. Just in case I have any warranty issues.
Now I am looking at jsut keeping what I have as I dont Bowhunt as much as I used to and am getting where I would rather rifle hunt than bowhunt.