What's your top 3 for a good ol whitetail sit?

OP
Fjellvei

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
I love hunting whitetails but cannot stand sitting in a blind or stand. I usually still hunt the woods or sit game tails at the base of a tree.

For long sits I like to have coffee, a can of Mt Dew, and grandmas homemade cookies.
Very nice. You won't share that cookie recipe. What are we talking? Buckeyes? Peanut butter? I need this

ljalberta

WKR
Coffee and woobie. I should probably also start bringing a sleeping mask based on how many times I’ve nodded off this year and the suns woken me. I might start thinking of just going and sitting in the cold in the woods to catch up on my sleep.

I'm going old beat up stanley thermos of community coffee, oatmeal cookies, and my Cabela's mossy oak breakup sweatshirt jacket my grandma got for me in fall of 2000.
That jacket has seen every season since in some shape or form, always in the truck during hunting season. Haven't worn it as much the past decade but it's seen many many deer and duck seasons.
I'm amazed at how little it has faded and how the elastic has not worn out in the cuffs and waist. Made in Canada. Just don't make them like they used to hahaha.

Coffee, Mr Buddy Heater and my Kindle so I can read/listen to podcasts/watch movies.

I’ve done many, many all day sits just this way. In fact did just that last Saturday. Saw nearly 20 deer. Nothing I wanted to shoot. Still a great relaxing day. Finished two books while hunting.

260madman

WKR
I sit in a pop up blind. Coffee, hand warmers and body warmers and little Debbie assortment. Single digits suck, going to be a long weekend.

bmrfish

WKR
fdcd3e2403f92c71938b9bb3a8ac26d9.jpg

I think maybe I am doing it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
hot coffee, warm food and hot women.....

But seriously coffee in a good thermos and high fat foods like scrambled eggs with salami in a smaller wide mouth thermos.

Last edited:
OP
Fjellvei

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
fdcd3e2403f92c71938b9bb3a8ac26d9.jpg

I think maybe I am doing it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it appears you are missing your fully enclosed , prefabricated fiberglass blind, sir.

All joking aside, please follow up with the BBD text once you let it rip on a big boi

OP
Fjellvei

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
It appears you are fully proficient without the fully enclosed unit, sir!

Congrats on a dandy!