What’s your rifle weigh?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Winchester Featherweight (.30-06) topped with a Z3 3.5-10 and Talley Lwt mounts; also added a Spartan Precision classic adapter

Bare rifle is 6 # 0 oz, 7 # 1.2 oz w/ above, not too shabby for an old school, wood stock rifle :)

I2llJMp.jpg

As much as I love my suppressors, a titanium muzzle brake could cut the recoil by about twice as much as a suppressor and be much lighter/shorter.
Winchester Featherweight (.30-06) topped with a Z3 3.5-10 and Talley Lwt mounts; also added a Spartan Precision classic adapter

Bare rifle is 6 # 0 oz, 7 # 1.2 oz w/ above, not too shabby for an old school, wood stock rifle :)

I2llJMp.jpg
Very cool rifle, sir. This makes me want to dig out my old M70 FWT in 7x57. Did you have it Cerakoted?

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Then I think this one is for you. https://www.absuppressor.com/raptor

Brakes are more effective at taming recoil, but they make everything else about shooting 100x worse. I won't hunt with a guy that has a brake on his rifle. I won't be within 50 feet of someone at the range with a brake. Don't need that punishment to my ears and brain.

This x100

God there’s nothing more in shooting/hunting rifles I hate more than a brake lol

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kampfeld (Idaho) did the fluting/drilling out the bolt handle; Blue Line (Stevensville, MT) did the Cerakote and my local smith did the rest

clem

FNG
Tikka UPR. Often overlooked. Stock is dope, rocks CTR mags, reasonably lightweight. Great value.

I2llJMp.jpg

I’ve always loved the checkering on those featherweights. Good luck, and I hope you have a great hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightest rifle I have is a Ruger 77R in 7x57 Mauser, coming in at 7.9 pounds. Heaviest rifle in my collection is a Whitworth in .375 Holland & Holland, weighing in at 12.7 pounds. The other rifles fall somewhere in between those two.

Decker9

WKR
It was a tossup for this mountain season. I built this 7 saum on a big stock Iv yet to really pack or use, I shot it a bit at the range, but can’t help but feel more comfortable with the lighter more nimble 6.5 prc.

Attachments

• IMG_9385.jpeg
    IMG_9385.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9386.jpeg
    IMG_9386.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 74

schmalzy

WKR
Yup- I inherited it from my late father-in-law. He had planned to go to Alaska when he retired, but succumbed to cancer before he could ever go.

Now at least the rifle will go.

Was really hoping that rifle was getting the nod. So much cooler hearing the backstory to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seekins PH2, 3rds 7PRC with 22" barrel, Silencerco Harvester, Seekins Ultra-low rings, US Optics sn3 (40oz scope)

10#4oz
honestly i don't think I'd want a lighter rifle in this chambering. Glad I didn't get the Element

As much as I love my suppressors, a titanium muzzle brake could cut the recoil by about twice as much as a suppressor and be much lighter/shorter.
Curious,I know the popular thing now is a suppressor,I have a 06 fieldcraft I am thinking about cutting down for a suppressor but I know it’s still going to hammer you,maybe cutting and putting a brake on would be a better option.
This gun will get more gun safe time than shooting.I deer hunt 95% of the time.This would be used if I get to elk hunt again some day.