Whats your backpacking or hunting guilty pleasure?

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Wild turkey round the fire, no matter how far in we are. If I don't bring it I don't fill my tag, plain and simple. (Tried bringing other whiskies, or none)

And when an animal hits the dirt I sit next to it smoking a cigar amd relive the*moment. Doesn't matter what kind or brand, just help to slow down and appreciate the moment, maybe the stalk that led up to the kill, or sequence of events that brought me upon the succesful hunt. Probably my favorite part of the experience

Ozz08

WKR
Last year my guilty pleasures were a can of Copenhagen and a pouch of redman. I quit everyday use of Copenhagen in feb. of 2012 after 16 years of use but when I stopped at a gas station on the way to the trailhead I just couldn't resist. It didn't cause a relapse or anything so I think it may become my guilty pleasure for all my backpack hunts!

As for my guilty pleasure, it may sound crazy, especially to the gram counters among us, but I like to take a medium sized cotton bath towel with me. I like how its texture feels on my skin when drying off after cleaning up in a mountain stream. It is a little bit of comfort from home to me and a hold over from my Infantry days. Microfibre just doesn't cut it for me.

It is also a multi-tasker (for the gram counters again) as I have used it like a shemag around my neck in hot weather (either dry to soak up the sweat or wet to cool me down), rolled up as a pillow at night, a cleared off place to eat my meals, or as padding for whatever.

2ski

WKR
Im right with you. Nothin better then a nice stout or porter. My favorite is Youngs Chocolate Stout. Goes perfect with a La Flor Dominica Maduro or Colorado limatada stogie.

I haven't had a Youngs Choc. Stout in a few years. You can't find them up here anymore. Like a chocolate Guiness. If you like the darker stuff. Try the Deschutes Abyss. That's a fine drink there

OP
Quikstryke
Since the embargo on cuba the great cigar makers and seeds left for places like dominican republic, nicaragua, honduras, even connecticut. Makers like olivia, arturo fauente, rocky patel, la flor dominica, etc are great smokes..

I haven't had a Youngs Choc. Stout in a few years. You can't find them up here anymore. Like a chocolate Guiness. If you like the darker stuff. Try the Deschutes Abyss. That's a fine drink there

I'm partial to the local beers from Michigan but if you ever get a chance to try Atwater Brewing Co Vanilla Java Porter give that a run. Got a few really good dark beer brewers here in Michigan so I'm spoiled. Shorts also does a good porter and stout, the exact name escapes me at the moment though

Rowndy

FNG
I don't typically smoke or chew but a plug of Grizzly or Marlboro 27 up high beats anything for me...

Moe.JKU

FNG
no liquor for me in the bush, just a doobie a day it keeps it light and its my prescription anyways. helps me sleep and relax after the long day of hiking.

littlebuf

Banned
mine would have to be something to read. I consider it excessive to a point since its certainly not vital to a backpacking/hunting trip. but I enjoy it and it cam be very comforting at times. I carry a small bible and find scripture can be even more profound in the backcountry than in the easy chair. extra weight ,yup. worth the weight, very much so. ive considered an e type book like a kindle or something but there's no substitute for the actual written word in my opinion.

Whisky

WKR
u8upy4ed.jpg