What's on your feet this year?

For all you boot guys what would you guys reccomend for an ID boy that hunts mostly early season in S. ID?? For the longest time I was using an old pair of LaCross' that I liked very much cuz of the soft sole... But they are done as of last season, so I'm in need of a new pair ASAP! I been looking at and like the looks of the Kenetrek Safari's, and haven't looked at much else... I must also add my feet don't seem too bothered by cold weather and they tend to sweat alot so not sure if a GTX version would e a good option, especially for early season and I also have fairly narrow feet... Thanks for any and all info! :)

For all you boot guys what would you guys reccomend for an ID boy that hunts mostly early season in S. ID?? For the longest time I was using an old pair of LaCross' that I liked very much cuz of the soft sole... But they are done as of last season, so I'm in need of a new pair ASAP! I been looking at and like the looks of the Kenetrek Safari's, and haven't looked at much else... I must also add my feet don't seem too bothered by cold weather and they tend to sweat alot so not sure if a GTX version would e a good option, especially for early season and I also have fairly narrow feet... Thanks for any and all info! :)

I would seriously look at Hanwag Mountain lights from Lathrop and Sons. I have not been able to use them yet but they sound exactly like what you are looking for. They will be my next boot I purchase. If you go on your website they have a video review of them that I thought was helpful.

I would seriously look at Hanwag Mountain lights from Lathrop and Sons. I have not been able to use them yet but they sound exactly like what you are looking for. They will be my next boot I purchase. If you go on your website they have a video review of them that I thought was helpful.

Those look nice too, just dono if I want the GTX... Kinda the reason I was strongly considering the Kenetrek Safari's... Also cuz my local shop owner gets great deals on Kenetrek...

Anyone else got any other thoughts on boots worth a glance?? Right now I'm leaning towards the Kenetrek Safari's... Am headed to Sportsman's tomorrow after work to try on a pair and go from there :)

I've used the Kenetrek mountain extremes for the last two years. I really like them for the ankle support. IMO you can't go wrong with any of the boots in the Kenetrek line.

WELL... Sportsman's didn't/doesn't carry the mountain safari's so I tried the mountain extremes and they felt good, but I still think I'd like the non-gtx more so I think I'm gonna have to order a pair of the mountain safari's and give them a run down... And for those of you guys running after market insoles what would you guys reccomed?? Thanks

Summer scouting: Hanwag Mountain Lights

Hunting: Kenetrek Mountain Extremes

I've used several different boots in the last few years, but always go back to my Lathrop and Sons. I normally use the Mountain Lights in the summer and Alaskan boots when the temp gets a little colder.

Always nice to buy boots from fellow hunters.

Hanwag Trapper GTX, from Lathrop and Sons, is all I wear for guiding in Alaska. This past year, I spent 100 days in the bush for everything from moose to Dall sheep. These boots are the best all-around boot I have ever worn, and I have tried alot of them. There offer plenty of support for sheep, but aren't too stiff to wear casually. In fact, I have an old, worn-out pair that I wear for everyday. I highly recommend them. They are worth the money.

Just got my new boots last night! Sorry for crappy pic, I snapped it with the wife's I phone before I left for work. I wore them a little last night and they seem like an extremely supportive comfortable boot to wear. Biggest thing is the toe box. It is overly big, which I like, but more so than any other pair of boots I have worn. They are also very lightweight for a 10" high boot.

Idaho.jpg

i have a pair of meindl denalis, meindl perfekt hikers and a pair of la sportiva korakorums, will probably be wearing the denalis or the korakorums this year

Back