What’s Next for Sako Rifles?

4th_point

WKR
Maybe more camo patterns for the S20!

My guess is something in between the switch barrel 100, which seems to be made for the European market, and the S20 which doesn't appeal to some due to the weight and appearance.

Maybe a gussied up T3?

Maybe more camo patterns for the S20!

My guess is something in between the switch barrel 100, which seems to be made for the European market, and the S20 which doesn't appeal to some due to the weight and appearance.

Maybe a gussied up T3?

A walnut s20 would be nice

Appears to me to be a tweaked/gen 2 s20 action being used across the entire model line and renamed the 90.

A lot of those models look like revised sako 85 setups, the adventure is for sure a finnlight 2 copy and the peak is a carbon lite. Just with a s20 “style” action.

I don’t hate it, but it doesn’t seem astonishing either.

I would think they'd add 30-06 at some point. They also don't have the 6.5x55... surprising.

8 twist 243 though!

Was disappointed to see the 7mm's twist rate is still at 9.5 with the exception of the 28 nosler, which is 9.
No chambering in 223 Rem??
The varmint model should have the option to come threaded also.
Would have liked to see a 6 creed added as well.

Kimmo H

FNG
They will add more calibers when the production catches up the demand on the S / M receiver size calibers.

The lightweight one looks tempting when the XS receiver is released and pretty surely a 223 option with it.

Was disappointed to see the 7mm's twist rate is still at 9.5 with the exception of the 28 nosler, which is 9.
No chambering in 223 Rem??
The varmint model should have the option to come threaded also.
Would have liked to see a 6 creed added as well.
I don't disagree with you on 7mm twist rate; however, I have worked with several OEM, 7mmRM Tikkas, and it wasn't a trick to stabilize 175 ELD-x at near sea level. Where the Tikka is limited is on COAL. I am running AICS on a couple, but I don't always care to have the mag sticking down on a rig that gets carries a lot.

Hopefully soon they'll offer the 7prc, which is better suited to 3.34.

Stonia

FNG
The 90 doesn't look terrible. I'm guessing they no longer have any semblance of CRF, since they reference TRG and 3 lug. Interesting that they are offering 28 Nosler of all options.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kurts86

WKR
I don't disagree with you on 7mm twist rate; however, I have worked with several OEM, 7mmRM Tikkas, and it wasn't a trick to stabilize 175 ELD-x at near sea level. Where the Tikka is limited is on COAL. I am running AICS on a couple, but I don't always care to have the mag sticking down on a rig that gets carries a lot.

Hopefully soon they'll offer the 7prc, which is better suited to 3.34.

I’m pretty sure there historically has been a magnum length action size offered for Sako 75/85’s so the don’t necessarily have the cartridge length restriction that Tikka’s do. A selling point of the 75/85/90 series is specific action lengths optimized for each cartridge.

I’m pretty sure there historically has been a magnum length action size offered for Sako 75/85’s so the don’t necessarily have the cartridge length restriction that Tikka’s do. A selling point of the 75/85/90 series is specific action lengths optimized for each cartridge.
Good point. Brought the Tikka into the conversation due to same twist rate and then diverged on COAL.