What’s everyone’s favorite lunch when hunting and hiking the mountains?

A chunk of sharp cheddar cheese, stick of salami, hunter sticks, or smoked salmon jerky, and bagels. That’s been my go to favorite mountain lunch for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Trail mix kitchen sink style. The basic plus, Chex mix, jerky bits or pepperoni, parmesan crisps, dried blueberries, chocolate covered espresso beans. Alternate the spicy & sweeter every other day. Always a snickers bar!

cjdewese

WKR
When I am not hunting, Sardines and some crackers.

When hunting, I generally will eat some PB&J's and some sort of dried meat.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
Usually a light wrap, chicken or turkey, fresh fruit, and maybe some trail mix.

Venison meat sticks. A hunk of cheese. Dried fruit n nuts. Sometimes a sandwich depending on the situation. I will bring some sort of bar but they aren't my favorite.

A buddy of mine brought a thing of tuna and tortillas with Mayo on a sheep hunt we did this past season. Made such a morale boost in between mountain houses for days.

I like a good ole sandwich, always mustard Mayo and like a mass amount of cheese. Then do the same for salami or Turkey.

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
Tuna creations packets are good, cheese salami and crackers (most often the crackers are more like crumbs)

KID

FNG
Summer sausage made from what I tagged the year before complimented with cheese and crackers

I am big on the calories to ensure an adequate hunting experience. I usually do a bacon almond butter bagel, apple sauce, some dried fruit and jerkey. If it’s a day trip, I like cheese too.

Wapiti406

WKR
Breakfast burritos. I mix in jerky, dried apricots, almonds, and tootsie rolls throughout the day.

LoggerDan

WKR
Stove top muffins. Make two or three boxes of it. Fry up a pound of bacon And chop it.Chop white and green onions. Mix this all up in a bowl and add a couple eggs and mix er again. Grease some muffin tins and fill em. Bake. They are great cold or hot, they keep well, don’t come apart and give you fantastic taste and nutrition. You can break em up and add to the freeze dried garbage as well .

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always got a burner, mostly for coffee, I do a coffee break every morning. On warm days I take cheese, homemade summer sausage, condiment packets, and tortillas. I also mix in the flavored tuna packets with the summer sausage to get some variety in a week. I always have the usual assortment of dried fruits, nuts, and small candy bars. If I know it’s going to be cold I pack a dehydrated meal or ramen and jerky. A warm meal can make I big difference in spirit when it’s spitting snow and freezing rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutshotem

WKR
Most of whats already been posted except for a tortilla with Nutella and a couple strips of costco thick cut bacon.

Also, sometimes a few chicken bullion cubes if its super cold, otherwise I find it difficult to keep hydrated.

I eat lots of trail mix and cliff bars. I like to have something sweet in there so the chocolate or m & Ms always hit the spot. I do not like Jerky out in the woods. it does not sit well when I am really hungry somehow